• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed carry

Lady Glock

Any ideas on reciprocity yet? I have MN and non resident PA...if I move to WI and homestead in MN...will I have to get the WI CCW?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now. It could still change in the future. Yeah, apparently they don't really care what we have to say. They want to keep tabs on us, and by going in and doing the background check and paperwork, they will have access to more information and will know that we conceal carry. This is what the United States is all about these days; tracking and quantifying and keeping tabs on everybody in the country. Freedom? Right. I wish it wasn't true.

I like to consider myself a patriot that stays involved, but everyday, the gov. pushes back and says "No, you are not as free as you think. Sit back down".

I see no change to come anytime soon. Even people I have cast my vote for who claimed they love freedom and the constitution are spitting in my face and doing the same crap every other politician does.

The constitution and the deceleration of independence state that we have certain rights when a government becomes too big and unresponsive.

Perhaps it is time all citizens across the country who are tired of this invoke that right.

Sorry, rant mode.....

..........--Moderator Response--
Caution urged - OCDO does not tolerate other than lawful means to change laws.
No hint of violence or insurrection is acceptable here, under any circumstance.

Our Constitution provides for as many protections as possible to ensure that the Government is subservient to the People and only exists for the purpose of serving the People. However, should these protections fail it is up to the People to rise up against the Government and to put the Government back in it's place. In this capacity, the People act as the fourth branch of government to take control and to override their decisions that violate the Fundamental Rights of the People to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

By what means do the People exercise their authority over the Government? That depends on how resistant the Government is to complying with the Will of the People. In the case of the Declaration of Independence, it meant declaring war on the Government and overthrowing them. This is obviously a last resort after taking other steps less harsh. But clearly the Right and the Duty to overthrow the Government in order to restore the United States as a government to serve the People is clearly established in historical precedent.

It was written into the declaration of Independence by our founding fathers for a reason, so I have to disagree with the Moderator, According to the founding fathers that penned it into the document that founded this republic, it would be Lawful . So no it's not an illegal or an unlawful act if you win :)

ADMINISTRATOR COMMENT: While nothing you have said is incorrect in a worst-case scenario, we are FAR, FAR from the point that such things would be necessary. We are so far from such an act that it is hard to imagine a scenario under which it would come to pass at all. In fact, we are winning legal and judicial battles across the country seemingly every week! In such an environment, such talk is EXTREMELY counter-productive and not what we are about here at OpenCarry.org. We want our rights protected WITHIN the system and extremist rhetoric in this environment amounts to nothing more than being unwilling to fight in the political arena. And I know that our members will not run from a political battle. :)

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Any ideas on reciprocity yet? I have MN and non resident PA...if I move to WI and homestead in MN...will I have to get the WI CCW?

And this is what frustrates me. We have no clue. I just want someone to introduce a bill, any bill so that 'we' can start working on it. It seems 'they' are all putting us off and telling us that the budget comes 1st. That's fine, it doesn't mean the bill can't be introduced.

Lady Glock

And this is what frustrates me. We have no clue. I just want someone to introduce a bill, any bill so that 'we' can start working on it. It seems 'they' are all putting us off and telling us that the budget comes 1st. That's fine, it doesn't mean the bill can't be introduced.

True...even though I don't live there yet, is there anything I can do to help hurry it along? Is there someone I can email or call? I have a compelling story to tell that may have some impact.

littlewolf

Did I not hear that someone on the FED side introduced something about reciprocy for CC to be nationwide to all states that have a permit system? I thought I heard this a few weeks ago.

Lady Glock

Did I not hear that someone on the FED side introduced something about reciprocy for CC to be nationwide to all states that have a permit system? I thought I heard this a few weeks ago.

I think that was tried a couple years ago too and was shot down. Each state has the right to say whose CCW they will accept, and whose they won't.

protias

In which you'd be required to have a permit and be required to identify yourself. Forget that!

M

McX

It wouldnt help us any at this time. we got reciprocity with no one, cause we got no permit system. legislators have gone to sleep, cause their platform says one thing, we say a thing, and they think another thing. not wanting to get voted out on the next round if they sell out, they are sleeping. nothing happens when you sleep, and the days go by.

IcrewUH60

True...even though I don't live there yet, is there anything I can do to help hurry it along? Is there someone I can email or call? I have a compelling story to tell that may have some impact.

sure is something you can do fairly easily and for almost nothing. Join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure/php/application.php

[snip]
Wisconsin Carry, Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and reclamation of the basic rights critical to a free society. Our organization believes in the founding principles of our country and our constitution: That all are created equal, that governments exist to protect the rights of individuals, and that governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. [...] Our mission is to preserve, advance and expand these basic rights which law-abiding citizens are entitled to have a practical ability to exercise.

Lady Glock

sure is something you can do fairly easily and for almost nothing. Join Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure/php/application.php

[snip]
Wisconsin Carry, Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and reclamation of the basic rights critical to a free society. Our organization believes in the founding principles of our country and our constitution: That all are created equal, that governments exist to protect the rights of individuals, and that governments derive their power from the consent of the governed. [...] Our mission is to preserve, advance and expand these basic rights which law-abiding citizens are entitled to have a practical ability to exercise.

Unemployed since August, can't really pay membership dues at this time though that will be done immediately after getting my first pay check in WI

Pyro01

Don't feel pressured Lady Glock, I couldn't afford the membership for a while myself, but it sure felt great once I finally joined because I was supporting something I believe in. Anyways, you said you had a compelling story, care to share?

Lady Glock

Don't feel pressured Lady Glock, I couldn't afford the membership for a while myself, but it sure felt great once I finally joined because I was supporting something I believe in. Anyways, you said you had a compelling story, care to share?

I'm a survivor. My attacker was sentenced to 85 years in the Texas State Penn. He promised me when he got out of prison he was going to kill me. He's a 5 time felon, whos own grandmother had him put in prison.

The first time he came up eligible for parole hearings, I took the class in Colorado and attended every extra training I could get. I have many, many hours of additional training so I am ready to defend me and my kids if I ever have to.

I moved from colorado to Minnesota and took the class there. We homestead in MN, but currently live in OK. We got our PA non resident so we have more states covered.

I MUST have the means to defend myself, and will OC if I have to. I would prefer to CC as it is better that my attacker not have any advanced notice...he would use that knowlege to his advantage. I don't want to be a victim...I am a survivor and intend to continue to be.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I'm a survivor. My attacker was sentenced to 85 years in the Texas State Penn. He promised me when he got out of prison he was going to kill me. He's a 5 time felon, whos own grandmother had him put in prison.

The first time he came up eligible for parole hearings, I took the class in Colorado and attended every extra training I could get. I have many, many hours of additional training so I am ready to defend me and my kids if I ever have to.

I moved from colorado to Minnesota and took the class there. We homestead in MN, but currently live in OK. We got our PA non resident so we have more states covered.

I MUST have the means to defend myself, and will OC if I have to. I would prefer to CC as it is better that my attacker not have any advanced notice...he would use that knowlege to his advantage. I don't want to be a victim...I am a survivor and intend to continue to be.

Lady,

Do you know where you will be living in WI? If so, email the representative for that address. If not, please feel free to email my Representative and Senator.

They are:

Senator Neal Kedzie: Sen.Kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov
Representative Stephen Nass: Rep.Nass@legis.wisconsin.gov

Feel free to use my name if you wish, they at least know who I am.

Snake161

Believe what you wish. I believe that the proof is in the pudding. All the conjecture in the world means nothing. And there seems to be a great deal of it on this forum. When something is presented as fact *as of the moment*, you choose to be skeptical. I, on the other hand, do not like conjecture, but facts. Take it for what you will.

HandyHamlet

All the conjecture in the world means nothing.

That's what we told you all right. And still you post nothing.

And there seems to be a great deal of it on this forum.

jerkoff.gif

Only what you are trying to shovel.

When something is presented as fact *as of the moment*, you choose to be skeptical. I, on the other hand, do not like conjecture, but facts. Take it for what you will.

Translation: I can't back up what I say. I made it up. That's why I speak of facts yet offer none. You all are right in your suspicions of me and my motives as a troll.

Last edited:

Lady Glock

Lady,

Do you know where you will be living in WI? If so, email the representative for that address. If not, please feel free to email my Representative and Senator.

They are:

Senator Neal Kedzie: Sen.Kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov
Representative Stephen Nass: Rep.Nass@legis.wisconsin.gov

Feel free to use my name if you wish, they at least know who I am.

I just spoke with someone at Senator Ellis' office. He said there is not a concensus among CC people that will allow for a bill to be passed right away. They have to work out some of the issues between those people who want training involved and those who want to walk up and say "I want it" and get it.

I don't have a problem with the idea of an 6 to 12 hour training session. I've done 12 hours with Colorado...and a 6 hour session in Minnesota.

The person I spoke to believes there will be something brought up later this session or in the Fall. I asked if they could revive the older bill that the govenor wouldn't sign, and he said there were things in that bill that many said they would not support...such as the training requirement. Come on folks...lets get CC on the books. If you want to carry without restrictions, Open Carry. But don't stall the opportunity to get CC in the state while there is a govenor who will sign it!!