• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holdup on the Lake

OldCurlyWolf

damn folks its just a ******* joke i said to get a few laughs
i wouldn't really have done it its sarcasm

lighten up and if you work real hard maybe you will be able to crack a smile someday

"that's funny i don't care who you are" Larry the Cable Guy

Actually it was quite unfunny. It seems that the only thing funny you have done is try to defend your so called humor.

Stay away from trying to be humorous, you are quite bad at it.:banana:

Gunslinger

Well, if you need clarity, I'll just be more blunt: I don't brook stupidity disguised as humor.

Oh, and if you want to snip a quote, the proper way to do so is to use ellipses (...) for missing text. On message boards, some folks use a [snip] tag. Inserting a word that is not from the original quote, thereby implying that it was, is not Kosher.

You said "Kosher." That means you're anti-Semitic I think...

Under Colorado law, that he pulled or displayed a gun while in the process of committing a crime of violence, to wit: armed robbery, justifies deadly force if in imminent fear of death or grievous bodily injury. That he held a firearm is prima facie justification of that fear. And dead bodies can't testify against you.

rustybucket

The "troll" is back...

1. I am not a troll, just first time poster with a real story to tell..
2. 4 angry badgers... Love the deer eating popcorn!!
3. My husband's friend has had the same thing happen to him in his long fishing "career"
at various lakes around Nashville, not always in a boat. Even shore fishing he had had
a gun pulled on him. Obviously not fishing in the nicest neighborhoods!:uhoh:

4. The point is, you never know when someone might pull a gun on you, snatch your purse off your shoulder in a Walmart parking lot.happened to me in college.
(I am female).. threaten you with a knife... in New Orleans on vacation, never going there again... or rednecks come to your house threatening your life!
Husband met them at the gate with a large stick...he was asked "What's the stick for?"
He replied.."It's my equalizer, there's two of you and one of me." They left quickly.
And just cause I want to...:monkey

eye95

You said "Kosher." That means you're anti-Semitic I think...

Under Colorado law, that he pulled or displayed a gun while in the process of committing a crime of violence, to wit: armed robbery, justifies deadly force if in imminent fear of death or grievous bodily injury. That he held a firearm is prima facie justification of that fear. And dead bodies can't testify against you.

Knock off the personal insults. You are better than that.

BTW, a large portion of my family is Jewish. My niece is in Israel right now, studying to become a rabbi. You might want to REthink.

On point: Reread the post. He said that he'd disarm the guy (yeah, right) and THEN put a cap in his boat. Once the threat is over, putting the bullet in the boat would be assault, assuming that the perp lived.

Gunslinger

BTW, a large portion of my family is Jewish. My niece is in Israel right now, studying to become a rabbi. You might want to REthink.

On point: Reread the post. He said that he'd disarm the guy (yeah, right) and THEN put a cap in his boat. Once the threat is over, putting the bullet in the boat would be assault, assuming that the perp lived.

Eye...you should know by now when I'm joking. (And BTW, one of my closest friends flew with the IDF in the Yom Kippur war when I was in SEA. Our squadron was put on standby to go there, if needed. Would have been great to fly with him, but they handled it just fine themselves. Plus, Hebrew Nationals are my favorite hotdogs...)
Back to the instant case: I agree, if he disarmed the guy first. My point is about a defense to the initial use of deadly force when threatened by a crime of violence. Actually shooting him would be much more defensable than your scenario.

Last edited:

Claytron

But apparently you are not...

***I don't brook stupidity disguised as humor.***

Where exactly do you get the idea that acting like a jerk is ok as long as you hide it behind some not-so-subtle indirectness?

Outdoorsman1

On Point...

In Wisconsin there are thousands of lakes and even more fisherman (myself included).

We have OC in WI but restricted by separate statutes that allow transport in a "vehicle" only if the weapon is unloaded and cased in a gun specific case. One of the vehicles listed is the statue is a boat.

So, as in my truck, I have to unload and case my weapon while in my boat. I choose to bring it along, not so much for trouble on the water, but sometimes coming back alone, to a remote (or urban) boat launch well after dark can be a little disconcerting.

In this case, I carry for wild animals of the 4 legged varieties as well as the two legged.

I have considered getting a good life jacket or even a large dog life vest and sew my gun case to the outside of it to ensure I maintain possession if it got lost overboard

Outdoorsman1

eye95

Eye...you should know by now when I'm joking. (And BTW, one of my closest friends flew with the IDF in the Yom Kippur war when I was in SEA. Our squadron was put on standby to go there, if needed. Would have been great to fly with him, but they handled it just fine themselves. Plus, Hebrew Nationals are my favorite hotdogs...)
Back to the instant case: I agree, if he disarmed the guy first. My point is about a defense to the initial use of deadly force when threatened by a crime of violence. Actually shooting him would be much more defensable than your scenario.

Sorry if I misinterpreted. I deal with real antisemitism more than you know and tend to not react well to it.

If a guy pulls up to me on a lake and is already pointing a gun at me, I just don't see that I have the quick-draw skills to shoot him. However, if I thought I could defend myself by shooting, I'd try to drop the guy, and then see if I could find some official assistance, maybe some LE, maybe an EMT, probably the county meatwagon. Do they have a meatboat?

1FASTC4

, putting the bullet in the boat would be assault, assuming that the perp lived.

Assuming that a guy who had just attempted armed robbery would be eager to call the cops. I really can't picture that.

eye95

Assuming that a guy who had just attempted armed robbery would be eager to call the cops. I really can't picture that.

BGs seek redress for self-defense actions taken against them all the time. They would be even more inclined to seek criminal prosecution or civil relief for an unlawful act, such as shooting a hole in their boat, even after they had been disarmed.

Either way, that one might get away with a crime (might) is a pretty stupid reason to commit it.

bushwacker

kosher

i thought kosher ment bless by the rabbi so how would that be anti semitic?

Last edited:

HighFlyingA380

I dunno... It seems that sinking the perp's boat would count as self defense. I would think it would look better in the eyes f a judge/jury than killing him.

Edit: Haha, wow. Didn't even notice the date. Talk about resurrecting an old thread.

Last edited: