• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver OC Report

The Patriot

Hey all,

I went to Fred Meyer on 117th and 76th st today with wife and son. I walked in and the alarm went off. Gal was responding and said "oh he has a gun that is why it went off." Not startled or alarmed. Which I though was cool on her part. Spent about 30 min in store and had no issues.

Went to dinner at our favorite chinese food restaurant. Taste of Asia on Fourth Plain Blvd towards downtown. OC'd there before, they are getting use to seeing me and my family there. Over all a good day for me here. Look forward to tomorrow if weather holds up.

Cremator75

They aren't metal detectors, so I doubt it was the gun. I set them off in every store for a year. It got quit embarrassing actually. Turns out I had a sticker like tag in my wallet that somehow got reactivated. I had a store run my wallet across their deactivation pad and the problem was gone, but a few months later it started happening again. This time I ripped the sticker out, which was hard because it was VERY sticky and deep down in one of those small pockets. I got most of it out and it has not happened since.

Tomas

When I lived in NJ my Bell Labs ID / Building Access Card was constantly setting off store alarms.

It was a common enough problem we just had to say "Bell Labs" and they'd nod and ignore the alarm. :lol: