Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April KC Meet

April KC Meet

Well, I've been trying to get the whole Columbia OC thing going. However, it seems it's going to be a slow start. Actually saw someone I didn't know Open Carrying for the first time just a few days ago while I was at work. Gave him the information for the website. Hopefully he'll hop on here and get in contact.

Any how, point is, I'll probably be making the drive for this next meeting.

Where are we thinking? I kind of like Chiang's idea of moving back to down town KC. Somewhere on the plaza/crown center. It has a larger volume of people and induces a higher profile than certain other places we've been.

However, keeping price in mind, does any one know of a place downtown other than starbucks (simply because we've already been there) that won't cost every one an arm and a leg to eat?
    Last edited by Big Boy; 03-20-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Well, I've been trying to get the whole Columbia OC thing going. However, it seems it's going to be a slow start. Actually saw someone I didn't know Open Carrying for the first time just a few days ago while I was at work. Gave him the information for the website. Hopefully he'll hope on here and get in contact.

Any how, point is, I'll probably be making the drive for this next meeting.

Where are we thinking? I kind of like Chiang's idea of moving back to down town KC. Somewhere on the plaza/crown center. It has a larger volume of people and induces a higher profile than certain other places we've been.

However, keeping price in mind, does any one know of a place downtown other than starbucks (simply because we've already been there) that won't cost every one an arm and a leg to eat?
    If we're shooting for the Plaza, Tomfooleries is nice reasonable bar food. There is also a Goodcents nearby, if that's too much.

There is a Panera Bread right off the street in crown center. Just left of the fountains. It is cheap and pretty good, plus it puts us right in the center of the area. Just a thought.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    There is a Panera Bread right off the street in crown center. Just left of the fountains. It is cheap and pretty good, plus it puts us right in the center of the area. Just a thought.
    Panera Bread is distinctly anti in my market area.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Damn. I like panera bread. Any one else had experience carrying in their establishments?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Damn. I like panera bread. Any one else had experience carrying in their establishments?
    You may get a better response from them where you live.

http://www.2aforum.com/forum/forums/...&Number=313608
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Well Panera may not be off the table. Let me see what I can find out.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

As far as I know, Panera is a no-go for OC. Heres a letter I found:

Thank you for contacting Panera Bread concerning firearms in our cafes. Because we are required to follow local ordinances, which may vary in each area, we have no formal written policy regarding firearms in the bakery-cafes at this time.

However, as a place of public gathering, we are concerned about the health and safety of our customers and associates. Therefore, if a situation arises with someone in the cafe carrying firearms, we ask that customers communicate their concern to the café General Manager or the Manager on duty so that the issue can be addressed immediately.

We want each of our bakery-cafes to be a warm, welcoming environment where customers like you can enjoy a relaxing meal.

Thank you again for contacting us. We value your comments and appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by afcarry View Post

Thank you for contacting Panera Bread concerning firearms in our cafes. Because we are required to follow local ordinances, which may vary in each area, we have no formal written policy regarding firearms in the bakery-cafes at this time.

However, as a place of public gathering, we are concerned about the health and safety of our customers and associates. Therefore, if a situation arises with someone in the cafe carrying firearms, we ask that customers communicate their concern to the café General Manager or the Manager on duty so that the issue can be addressed immediately.

We want each of our bakery-cafes to be a warm, welcoming environment where customers like you can enjoy a relaxing meal.

Thank you again for contacting us. We value your comments and appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

This doesn't sound like a no to me. This sounds like the same answer we get everywhere else.

we are required to follow local ordinances, which may vary in each area, we have no formal written policy regarding firearms in the bakery-cafes at this time.
    "you can OC until someone complains or the manager asks you to leave."

Also, we dont have to sit inside the panera bread, there are tables and chairs outside that are maintained by the crown center area not panera bread, so we could simply go in, order our food, then sit outside in the public eye.
    Last edited by ChiangShih; 03-22-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

sitting outside sounds like a good idea. I just see Panera having more of a problem with it than many of our other options.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

sitting outside sounds like a good idea. I just see Panera having more of a problem with it than many of our other options.
    Look here buddy, after your last choice of venue you don't get to talk about options!

Lol, I'm just playin. What other options in the area of Crown Center did you have in mind?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

In light of all this east Missouri drama, we should get the game plan for this meet underway.

I think crown center should be our area of focus now we just need to decide where would be the best place to meet.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

What about:

Firehouse Subs
    4628 JC Nichols Pkwy., Kansas City, MO 64112
    http://www.firehousesubs.com/

Never actually been there but it sounds good and it's right on the plaza.

What about:

Firehouse Subs
    4628 JC Nichols Pkwy., Kansas City, MO 64112
    http://www.firehousesubs.com/

Never actually been there but it sounds good and it's right on the plaza.
    Firehouse subs is quite good. Basically, it's a hot Goodcents. You can get out of there for not a lot of coin if you don't go crazy. But are we planning on Crown Center or Plaza?

Im ok with anything as long as we can meet in St. Joseph for May. My birthday is the 14th, so that can be your present to me =P

I second that motion, Tyrus.
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

The only problem i have with the fire house subs idea is that i'm not sure where it is in relation to the main street of crown center.

I know the panera is directly left of the fountains, thus in the middle of crown center. Also, firehouse subs generally do not have much sitting room, small fast food style tables. This would be impractical for 15-16 people and probably pretty uncomfortable. If we keep it directly near the main street there is outside tables and seating to be had. If panera is a no go there is a nice italian restaurant inside the doors of crown center, its not super cheap but its not crazy expensive, prices are comparable to olive garden i suppose.

Link: http://www.milanokc.com/

There is also a Japanese restaurant inside

Link: http://www.kabukikansascity.com/

Not to mention there are a bunch of other small take away restaurants in crown center's food court area if we wanted to get tables outside and do a get what you want and rally outside sort of thing.

Lets get some perspectives on this.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

suppose we could just try out panera?

suppose we could just try out panera?
    Yessir, I'm posting this from the panera in question. It is not posted and we drew no attention or question. Seems good to go I may speak with the manager and generalize a heads up reservation.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Tiocfaidh Ar La

Seems like the place to be. Panera Bread April 9th 4 pm.

April 9, 2011 @ 04:00 p.m.
    Panera Bread
    2405 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, MO

http://missouriopencarry.org/meetings.html
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

If I go, Ill be bringing the kid. Hopefully it all works out well.

i do it all the time at State line and 103rd. Hardly a glance...

Sincerely,
    I have done it dozens of times at State Line and 103rd, never any issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast