Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ONN] Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level

Talking [ONN] Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level

I was watching The Onion News Network, season 1 episode 9. The title of the episode titled "Real America." They have a clip in the video regarding the right to carry a firearm.

Understanding who they're making fun of is obvious.
    EDIT: I'm laughing at the mockery of open carry. It's the Onion, they love making satire of everything, it's funny.

The Onion News Network, 2011
    Proponents of gun rights are celebrating following a Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level in public. While critics have long claimed the practice is dangerous, gun advocates say holding a gun at head level at all times is necessary for self defense.

(old man wearing casuals. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
    Alex Adjin, gun owner, "A man can't feel safe, unless he knows his gun is pointed at every other man's temple."

(early 30s mom carrying a baby. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
    Cara McKenny, gun owner, "I'm a single mom, so I can't take chances with my baby's safety."

The NRA is hoping that this ruling will push the courts to recognize other gun owner rights, such as the right to put a gun in someone's mouth while crushing their throat with his boot.

(on screen)
    NRA SEEKING RIGHT TO:
    fire a gun into the air
    slide along a wall holding a gun
    stagger down a street holding a gun
    put a gun in someone's mouth
    Last edited by david.ross; 03-23-2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: clarification

Banned
    If I wanted to be subjected to the stupidity of onion "humor," I'd go to their site.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    If I wanted to be subjected to the stupidity of onion "humor," I'd go to their site.
    Personally I like the Onion
    Also no one forced you to click on the link or open the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    I think the best onion video was the hollowpoint recall. Went along the lines of a place doing a recall because the hollowpoint bullets were not creating an exit wound the size of a grapefruit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido View Post
    Oh right! I should have checked the thread title for the word "onion." Oh, wait. It wasn't there!

So, I end up here, start reading the stupidity, quit reading the stupidity, and then comment on the stupidity. Get over it.

Moving on.

Oh right! I should have checked the thread title for the word "onion." Oh, wait. It wasn't there!

So, I end up here, start reading the stupidity, quit reading the stupidity, and then comment on the stupidity. Get over it.

Moving on.
    ONN=Onion News Network. You didn't need to click it. Then the first line after the title is "I was watching The Onion News Network" and if that wasn't a hint that this wasn't a thread for someone who doesn't like the onion I don't know what to say.

^^^^

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I like the Onion's dry and wry sense of humor.

Like the headline " 8 year old diabetic throws worse birthday party ever."
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

The Onion is pretty funny at times.

If you can't/wont laugh at yourself, then you have no right to laugh at anyone else.

The ONN is a purely, satirical news "agency." Taking the articles they write seriously is detrimental to your health.

They are affective trolling articles though, if you don't reveal the source immediately
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

I love how well written the scripts and articles are. A lot of them seem very serious, very real till the latter half when they just get ridiculous.

Gods of BoT, I love my HTC Evo.

One of my favorites was " Peace Activist Has To Admit Barrett .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Is Pretty Cool " The guy even got his Masters at Bates College!

McX
    so many thoughts here; proof there still is humor in this country, even with/against us. so i have to go buy a head holster? headholster, we dont need no steeeenkin head holster. like to try the slide along the wall- kinda starsky and hutch-ish. i think i know a member here who was said to have been staggering down an alley- creative writing class undoubtedly. snickered, it was worth posting.

One of my favorites was:

"Canadian Battleship Intercepts Russian Trawler...WAIT, Canada Has A Battleship?"

It then goes on to talk about the trawler for about 3 sentences, then the rest of the article talks about how Canada has a battleship, and it's not a dinghy with a gun duct taped to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Personal responsibility is a facade created by religious people in particular...
    On "Personal Responsibility just after the previous, in the same exact thread.
    Religion uses is as a tool, they did not create it.
    The wheels on the bus go round and round...round and round.

You think that I am ill-equipped...hit me with your best shot Einstein, I am calling you out.

Free will is only slightly a conscious exercise...

McX
    [QUOTE=slowfiveoh;1492822]One of my favorites was:

"Canadian Battleship Intercepts Russian Trawler...WAIT, Canada Has A Battleship?"

Last edited by McX; 03-23-2011 at 09:49 AM.

McX
    Last edited by McX; 03-23-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by insane.kangaroo View Post
    I was watching The Onion News Network, season 1 episode 9. The title of the episode titled "Real America." They have a clip in the video regarding the right to carry a firearm.

Understanding who they're making fun of is obvious.

The Onion News Network, 2011
    Proponents of gun rights are celebrating following a Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level in public. While critics have long claimed the practice is dangerous, gun advocates say holding a gun at head level at all times is necessary for self defense.

(old man wearing casuals. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
    Alex Adjin, gun owner, "A man can't feel safe, unless he knows his gun is pointed at every other man's temple."

(early 30s mom carrying a baby. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
    Cara McKenny, gun owner, "I'm a single mom, so I can't take chances with my baby's safety."

The NRA is hoping that this ruling will push the courts to recognize other gun owner's rights, such as the right to put a gun in someone's mouth while in their throat with his boot.

(on screen)
    NRA SEEKING RIGHT TO:
    fire a gun into the air
    slide along a wall holding a gun
    stagger down a street holding a gun
    put a gun in someone's mouth
    One could interpret that as making fun of us, by equating the danger of carrying a gun with running around sticking it in people's mouths.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    One could interpret that as making fun of us, by equating the danger of carrying a gun with running around sticking it in people's mouths.
    only if they taste bad?

Last edited by marshaul; 03-22-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Can we please stop the verbal sniping at each other?

Thanks!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Can we please stop the verbal sniping at each other?

Thanks!

John
    Ah, but eye95's description of the original post as "stupidity" doesn't qualify as verbal sniping? He gets what he gives.

Wouldn't want to give the forum an impression of bias now, would we? (Or would we?)
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-22-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Pretty sure that's who they're makin fun of...

But as I said earlier, if you can't laugh at yourself you have no right to laugh at others.

Moving on.
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack
    Last edited by bomber; 03-22-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Pretty sure that's who they're makin fun of...

But as I said earlier, if you can't laugh at yourself you have no right to laugh at others.
    For some reason, I figured that Insane Kangaroo was thinking the opposite. But, reading it again, he may just be enjoying laughing at us.

I mean, it is pretty funny. It's quite ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I love how well written the scripts and articles are. A lot of them seem very serious, very real till the latter half when they just get ridiculous.

The sad thing is most of the Onion's articles are better-written than articles in the "real" news outlets like the Washinton Post (and Times), or even these days, some of the Wall Street Journal's articles...

It is a sad statement indeed on the state of "journalism" in the US, when the satire rags have higher-quality writing than the "real" news outlets...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast