• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[ONN] Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level

david.ross

I was watching The Onion News Network, season 1 episode 9. The title of the episode titled "Real America." They have a clip in the video regarding the right to carry a firearm.

Understanding who they're making fun of is obvious.
EDIT: I'm laughing at the mockery of open carry. It's the Onion, they love making satire of everything, it's funny.

The Onion News Network, 2011
Proponents of gun rights are celebrating following a Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level in public. While critics have long claimed the practice is dangerous, gun advocates say holding a gun at head level at all times is necessary for self defense.

(old man wearing casuals. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
Alex Adjin, gun owner, "A man can't feel safe, unless he knows his gun is pointed at every other man's temple."

(early 30s mom carrying a baby. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
Cara McKenny, gun owner, "I'm a single mom, so I can't take chances with my baby's safety."

The NRA is hoping that this ruling will push the courts to recognize other gun owner rights, such as the right to put a gun in someone's mouth while crushing their throat with his boot.

(on screen)
NRA SEEKING RIGHT TO:
fire a gun into the air
slide along a wall holding a gun
stagger down a street holding a gun
put a gun in someone's mouth

Last edited:

david.ross

Personally I like the Onion :)
Also no one forced you to click on the link or open the thread.

I think the best onion video was the hollowpoint recall. Went along the lines of a place doing a recall because the hollowpoint bullets were not creating an exit wound the size of a grapefruit.

eye95

Personally I like the Onion :)
Also no one forced you to click on the link or open the thread.

Oh right! I should have checked the thread title for the word "onion." Oh, wait. It wasn't there!

So, I end up here, start reading the stupidity, quit reading the stupidity, and then comment on the stupidity. Get over it.

Moving on.

Aknazer

Oh right! I should have checked the thread title for the word "onion." Oh, wait. It wasn't there!

So, I end up here, start reading the stupidity, quit reading the stupidity, and then comment on the stupidity. Get over it.

Moving on.

ONN=Onion News Network. You didn't need to click it. Then the first line after the title is "I was watching The Onion News Network" and if that wasn't a hint that this wasn't a thread for someone who doesn't like the onion I don't know what to say.

Jack House

The Onion is pretty funny at times.

If you can't/wont laugh at yourself, then you have no right to laugh at anyone else. ;)

elixin77

The ONN is a purely, satirical news "agency." Taking the articles they write seriously is detrimental to your health.

They are affective trolling articles though, if you don't reveal the source immediately

Jack House

I love how well written the scripts and articles are. A lot of them seem very serious, very real till the latter half when they just get ridiculous.

Gods of BoT, I love my HTC Evo.

Tony4310

One of my favorites was " Peace Activist Has To Admit Barrett .50 Caliber Sniper Rifle Is Pretty Cool " The guy even got his Masters at Bates College!

M

McX

so many thoughts here; proof there still is humor in this country, even with/against us. so i have to go buy a head holster? headholster, we dont need no steeeenkin head holster. like to try the slide along the wall- kinda starsky and hutch-ish. i think i know a member here who was said to have been staggering down an alley- creative writing class undoubtedly. snickered, it was worth posting.

slowfiveoh

One of my favorites was:

"Canadian Battleship Intercepts Russian Trawler...WAIT, Canada Has A Battleship?"

It then goes on to talk about the trawler for about 3 sentences, then the rest of the article talks about how Canada has a battleship, and it's not a dinghy with a gun duct taped to it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I was watching The Onion News Network, season 1 episode 9. The title of the episode titled "Real America." They have a clip in the video regarding the right to carry a firearm.

Understanding who they're making fun of is obvious.

The Onion News Network, 2011
Proponents of gun rights are celebrating following a Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level in public. While critics have long claimed the practice is dangerous, gun advocates say holding a gun at head level at all times is necessary for self defense.

(old man wearing casuals. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
Alex Adjin, gun owner, "A man can't feel safe, unless he knows his gun is pointed at every other man's temple."

(early 30s mom carrying a baby. Pointing a gun at reporter's head)
Cara McKenny, gun owner, "I'm a single mom, so I can't take chances with my baby's safety."

The NRA is hoping that this ruling will push the courts to recognize other gun owner's rights, such as the right to put a gun in someone's mouth while in their throat with his boot.

(on screen)
NRA SEEKING RIGHT TO:
fire a gun into the air
slide along a wall holding a gun
stagger down a street holding a gun
put a gun in someone's mouth

One could interpret that as making fun of us, by equating the danger of carrying a gun with running around sticking it in people's mouths.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Can we please stop the verbal sniping at each other?

Thanks!

John