• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

[ONN] Supreme Court decision to uphold a citizen's right to carry a gun at head level

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Can we please stop the verbal sniping at each other?

Thanks!

John

Ah, but eye95's description of the original post as "stupidity" doesn't qualify as verbal sniping? He gets what he gives.

Wouldn't want to give the forum an impression of bias now, would we? (Or would we?)

Last edited:

Jack House

One could interpret that as making fun of us, by equating the danger of carrying a gun with running around sticking it in people's mouths.
Pretty sure that's who they're makin fun of...

But as I said earlier, if you can't laugh at yourself you have no right to laugh at others.

bomber

Oh right! I should have checked the thread title for the word "onion." Oh, wait. It wasn't there!

So, I end up here, start reading the stupidity, quit reading the stupidity, and then comment on the stupidity. Get over it.

Moving on.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Pretty sure that's who they're makin fun of...

But as I said earlier, if you can't laugh at yourself you have no right to laugh at others.

For some reason, I figured that Insane Kangaroo was thinking the opposite. But, reading it again, he may just be enjoying laughing at us.

I mean, it is pretty funny. It's quite ridiculous.

Dreamer

I love how well written the scripts and articles are. A lot of them seem very serious, very real till the latter half when they just get ridiculous.

The sad thing is most of the Onion's articles are better-written than articles in the "real" news outlets like the Washinton Post (and Times), or even these days, some of the Wall Street Journal's articles...

It is a sad statement indeed on the state of "journalism" in the US, when the satire rags have higher-quality writing than the "real" news outlets...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ah, but eye95's description of the original post as "stupidity" doesn't qualify as verbal sniping? He gets what he gives.

Wouldn't want to give the forum an impression of bias now, would we? (Or would we?)

If you're one of the Only Ones Cadre, you get a free pass here. The Admins don't vilify their own kind.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
If he had been calling other posters comments 'stupidity', then I would have slapped his wrist as well. But a quick search shows his comments were directed at the Onion.

I try to be even handed and will gladly review his posts as well. Click the report post button on any I should see and give me an idea of the infraction.

Thanks.

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Two points:

1) I am not an 'Only One' believer. What I do believe however is that bashing LEO's outside the bounds of specific incidents of misconduct involving gun owners allows us to be marginalized when we are trying to be a voice that is heard in the halls of power.

and

2) I try very hard to insure that NO ONE gets a free pass here. What I can't do is to read every thread. So the squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you see misbehavior by another poster, please click the Report Post button and tell me what they did.

John

If you're one of the Only Ones Cadre, you get a free pass here. The Admins don't vilify their own kind.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
Wow getting tense on the forum lately! It reminds me of another site that started it's decent slowly and accelerated rapidly into it's ultimate demise. Oh well off to packing.org...or maybe not! ;)

Jack House

For some reason, I figured that Insane Kangaroo was thinking the opposite. But, reading it again, he may just be enjoying laughing at us.

I mean, it is pretty funny. It's quite ridiculous.
Yeah, what he said and how it said it was quite confusing. Ultimately I just gave up and figured that he was just pointing out that the article is mocking the OC movement specifically instead of being typically aimed at gun rights. :p