• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carried in Florence

aagab

Just thought I would share the fact that I open carried at Furniture Row, The Olive Garden and Dick's sporting goods without a single issue and just a couple of glances. If it could just be that way everywhere.

hotrod

Florence open carry

I open carry in Florence often. I have not had any problems. All the local departments are well informed and trained in open carry by citizens and they respect our rights. Glad you had a good experience in Florence!

neuroblades

I thought that Florence was one of the hardcase areas we had in Kentucky. I vaguely remember someone here posting a thread about a situation at the Florence Mall during the latter months of last year.

hotrod

I thought that Florence was one of the hardcase areas we had in Kentucky. I vaguely remember someone here posting a thread about a situation at the Florence Mall during the latter months of last year.
That was an abhoration. It was a citizen on patrol (COP). He was not a police officer and said that he was. He was summarily dismissed and the mall security was retrained on open carry, in the parking lot. I can not say that it is allowed inside the mall, because I never go there, in the parking lot it is ok. We have no problems in Northern Kentucky with open carry, at least to the best of my knowledge.

neuroblades

That was an abhoration. It was a citizen on patrol (COP). He was not a police officer and said that he was. He was summarily dismissed and the mall security was retrained on open carry, in the parking lot. I can not say that it is allowed inside the mall, because I never go there, in the parking lot it is ok. We have no problems in Northern Kentucky with open carry, at least to the best of my knowledge.

OK, I hadn't heard about this positive piece of news. :)