Thread: Open carried in Florence

Open carried in Florence

Just thought I would share the fact that I open carried at Furniture Row, The Olive Garden and Dick's sporting goods without a single issue and just a couple of glances. If it could just be that way everywhere.

Florence open carry

I open carry in Florence often. I have not had any problems. All the local departments are well informed and trained in open carry by citizens and they respect our rights. Glad you had a good experience in Florence!
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

That is good to hear. My first time up there open carrying. I open carry in Georgetown quite often without any issues.
    Last edited by aagab; 03-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I thought that Florence was one of the hardcase areas we had in Kentucky. I vaguely remember someone here posting a thread about a situation at the Florence Mall during the latter months of last year.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by neuroblades View Post
    I thought that Florence was one of the hardcase areas we had in Kentucky. I vaguely remember someone here posting a thread about a situation at the Florence Mall during the latter months of last year.
    That was an abhoration. It was a citizen on patrol (COP). He was not a police officer and said that he was. He was summarily dismissed and the mall security was retrained on open carry, in the parking lot. I can not say that it is allowed inside the mall, because I never go there, in the parking lot it is ok. We have no problems in Northern Kentucky with open carry, at least to the best of my knowledge.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    That was an abhoration. It was a citizen on patrol (COP). He was not a police officer and said that he was. He was summarily dismissed and the mall security was retrained on open carry, in the parking lot. I can not say that it is allowed inside the mall, because I never go there, in the parking lot it is ok. We have no problems in Northern Kentucky with open carry, at least to the best of my knowledge.
    OK, I hadn't heard about this positive piece of news.
    Got SIG? MOLON LABE