Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fox 2 is going to do an ANTI-OC news story, probably tonight

Fox 2 is going to do an ANTI-OC news story, probably tonight

They just came at me with questions saying I was trying to trying to cause a scene by open carrying in Wal-Mart and the police did right by trying to identify me.

whats the whole story? Start at the beginning, if you already did, i apologize, i must have missed it.
    An individual should not choose the caliber, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by afcarry View Post
    whats the whole story? Start at the beginning, if you already did, i apologize, i must have missed it.
    In relation to this:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...rying-ARRESTED!!!

They think the police should have detained me for open carrying in Wal-Mart.

If anyone wants to get on the news and state the open carry position and answer some questions about it, now is the chance. Contact me ASAP.

may a misguided cruise missle find itsway to fox news station...

Fox2

Did they talk to you? No telling if will be a positive or negative story. If they talk to you, remain calm, be self confident and be sure you are correct in what you say. I'll look for you tonight on Fox 2, good luck!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    Did they talk to you? No telling if will be a positive or negative story. If they talk to you, remain calm, be self confident and be sure you are correct in what you say. I'll look for you tonight on Fox 2, good luck!
    They tried jumping me with questions at my door about how I did it to cause a panic and stir up ****. About the only thing I said was, "I don't have to justify my Constitutional actions."

Then they said "Did you know a little girl was right behind you in the line?" Then they said I went into women's cosmetics when it fact I walked to where razor blades were. I know how they are going to put it though.

He said there would be more of a story if the police didn't detain me and require my name!

Then he said something about a jail video of me saying the cop could have gotten shot or something. I think Maplewood Police are setting this up. The only time anything like that might have been said was when I was talking about when a drunk off-duty cop attacked me with a gun in a parking lot, never IDing himself.

If someone wants to do an interview about open carry, let me know right away.

Quote Originally Posted by lancers View Post
    They just came at me with questions saying I was trying to trying to cause a scene by open carrying in Wal-Mart and the police did right by trying to identify me.
    I'm sorry, looking at this again... WHO DID WHAT?

There needs to be more of who said what to who about what.

PM me if you like.
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Then they said "Did you know a little girl was right behind you in the line?"

so what?

fox can shove it they are biased anyways

There is too much "non-specifics" here. I have nothing more to contribute. Don't let thye media get in your face, if they want to talk to you and if you want to talk to them, do it on your terms, sitting down. If you did anything illegal, don't talk to them, probably (with your goings on) you probably should not only "NOT" be talking them , you probably "SHOULD NOT BE POSTING HERE EITHER". This could all be used in court against you.

Ya the hit piece made you look bad dude. That jail scene. Not nice.

Just saw it on Fox at 5:30ish. From what I understand, they said they rearrested you for posting online about it.

The part about you talking in jail about shooting an officer is going to bite you in the ass. I didn't catch the beginning but when I did start paying attention, it said that carrying a open firearm in Maplewood is illegal.

I sure hope you've hired a lawyer already.

Quote Originally Posted by jjtroutbum View Post
    Ya the hit piece made you look bad dude. That jail scene. Not nice.
    Yeah, I figured. I didn't see it yet, but read it online. It's about what I expected. I was basically referring to, if they were all so scared I had a gun, why did they act so casual about it and ask me to walk up 15 feet to the officer? The reason? They weren't scared, but instead just showing me who had the power. Oh course that didn't come across.
    Last edited by lancers; 03-21-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    Just saw it on Fox at 5:30ish. From what I understand, they said they rearrested you for posting online about it.

The part about you talking in jail about shooting an officer is going to bite you in the ass. I didn't catch the beginning but when I did start paying attention, it said that carrying a open firearm in Maplewood is illegal.

I sure hope you've hired a lawyer already.
    Online it says it was legal.

Maplewood Police arrested him after getting a call that he was walking around the Maplewood Wal-Mart with a loaded gun on his hip. That's legal, as it is in many municipalities that don't have specific ordinances prohibiting people from carrying firearms in the open.

Of yeah, and the chief lied about me not giving my name so that's why they disarmed me.

Just saw another piece on it at 6:00pm. It was much more detailed this time. This time it did say it was legal to OC. It talked a bit about your past with police run-ins.

It didn't talk much about the incident at Wal-Mart. I'm assuming that's because they have no legal leg to stand on.

The problem that you're going to run into is what you said in the cell. They may be taking it out of context, I don't know.

Why did you hide behind the door?

Hey Lancerdude:

Why were you hiding from the camera when Billy Reporter came by? I thought you liked cameras? Where is all this video/audio you supposedly have? Why didn't you give Billy Reporter a copy of your recordings?

It is not good for your cause when the media, which is traditionally anti-police, is leaning towards the side of the flatfoots. After reading your posts and watching the news, it seems your memory is not too sharp.

Good luck.

Online it says it was legal.

Maplewood Police arrested him after getting a call that he was walking around the Maplewood Wal-Mart with a loaded gun on his hip. That's legal, as it is in many municipalities that don't have specific ordinances prohibiting people from carrying firearms in the open.

Of yeah, and the chief lied about me not giving my name so that's why they disarmed me.

Quote Originally Posted by woody22 View Post
    Hey Lancerdude:

Why were you hiding from the camera when Billy Reporter came by? I thought you liked cameras? Where is all this video/audio you supposedly have? Why didn't you give Billy Reporter a copy of your recordings?

It is not good for your cause when the media, which is traditionally anti-police, is leaning towards the side of the flatfoots. After reading your posts and watching the news, it seems your memory is not too sharp.

Good luck.
    Just signed up and made a comment for 1 post, huh? Do I smell a troll?

Not trying to be rude but what you said in the cell was JUST WRONG!!!!! Verbage like that is why we will have issue's going ahead! How long will it take Maplewood to change their stance on open carry??? Soon I bet... What I did not like was Maplewood police chief said if one of his officers were open carrying they would be in troube. WOW

Jim

Yeah, I figured. I didn't see it yet, but read it online. It's about what I expected. I was basically referring to, if they were all so scared I had a gun, why did they act so casual about it and ask me to walk up 15 feet to the officer? The reason? They weren't scared, but instead just showing me who had the power. Oh course that didn't come across.
    Link?

If by troll you mean an unbiased logical thinking person, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenSTL View Post
    Just signed up and made a comment for 1 post, huh? Do I smell a troll?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woody22 View Post
    Hey Lancerdude:

Good luck.
    Troll much do you?

Any evidence he has would be correctly NOT posted here, but saved for court.

The media being traditionally anti-police has to be one of the biggest jokes of the year - you funny G.I.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

point is you have you rights. you tell them you have done nothing illegal and then shut the hell up. the more you talk and say useless bullcrap is most likely part of the reason they wanted to do this piece, the other half was probably your past.

you get arrested, stop talking. they try to make conversation in the car, stop talking. you of all people should of knows they have a/v equipment in jails. stop talking.

everthing this LEO did was wrong, and you should have asked for a lawyer and sue the **** out of the department. yuo had no reason to produce id because you were doing nothing illegal. did you ask what reasonable suspicion he had for detaining you?

Accomplished Advocate
    YOu can check it out on fox2news webspace, the video is onlne.

You really talked some serious smack in the cell, your going to have a tough time and represented rights advocacy very poorly.

I will grant that they did some spin, but dude, you came off like some punk that WANTS to shoot someone.

Your going to have to get a grip on the 1st amendment and learn to keep your mouth shut. There is no right to privacy inside jail, booking or your cell, only when you are talking to your lawyer.

IMHO you blew it huge and are going to have more issues than you bargained for and saying that you did it on purpose, sounds like a set up and your comments will help them sell that very theory, any case you had went to NADA even though you did nothing illegal.

Nevermind.

My momma always said......
    Last edited by Superlite27; 03-21-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: too pissed to comment

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-ff-...,4193285.story

I'll throw my opinion into this mess when i catch up.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast