• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Depot/ Lowes Policy

Gundude

I'm pretty sure Home Depot is UOC friendly.
I've carried in the Home Depot in El Cajon many times with no problems.

Not sure about Lowes. I talked with the loss prevention guy in the Santee store and he said he would check with corporate. Never got an answer either way.

Iopencarry

I have carried in both, multiple times in different stores. I have 2 each with 5 miles, and both also with 25 miles.
However, I get different opinions from different stores, and also have had members asked to leave Home Depot.

I thought it best to go to Corp and ask for their policy, before I add the to the good/anti list.

Iopencarry

Good afternoon : Thank you for your note. Our policy is that we do not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.

I’m sorry some of the store associates your colleagues spoke with were not familiar with our position.

Steve Holmes
Senior Manager
Corporate Communications & External Affairs
The Home Depot

Staypuff578

Good afternoon : Thank you for your note. Our policy is that we do not prohibit anyone who is legally permitted to carry firearms from entering our stores, provided the firearms are carried in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.

I’m sorry some of the store associates your colleagues spoke with were not familiar with our position.

Steve Holmes
Senior Manager
The Home Depot

Great to hear this as on my vacation home I will frequently be OC'ing in HD picking up supplies for my remodel.

markm

PDF copy of letter?

Steve Holmes
Senior Manager
The Home Depot

Hey Dale,

Did you receive a hard-copy letter from Home Depot? If so, can you PDF the letter and email it to me?

I work for Lowe's. I can't wait for their response.

markm

PS: Don't UOC at Lowe's Roseville, CA. There is a school within 1,000 feet.

The Home Depot on Fairway should be well clear of any school. I don't know about the one on Sunrise.

Also, Roseville has a new police chief. He is a Sacramento PD retread. We don't know if he is 4A savvy or not.

Iopencarry

Lowes reply, Again, good news from them, and also with a timely reply. :)

Dear Dale

Thank you for giving Lowe’s an opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.

Lowe’s abides by federal, state, and local laws regarding firearms, and will continue to do so. Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of our customers. However, we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and take no position regarding federal, state, and local laws governing the right to carry firearms.

If Lowe’s can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-900-4650 Ext. 1 or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to 1605 Curtis Bridge Road Mail Code CON8, Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28697.

Thank you,

Jamie
Lowe’s Executive Support

Army

The 1000' GFSZ stops about 15' in front of our HD store. There is no parking inside that 15', which means I would have to LUCC to the door, remove it from the case, then lock it in the holster to carry inside :(

But...the Costco is well outside that same GFSZ :)

stainless1911

Banned
The 1000' GFSZ stops about 15' in front of our HD store. There is no parking inside that 15', which means I would have to LUCC to the door, remove it from the case, then lock it in the holster to carry inside :(

You all should do this as often, and as obvious as you can. Even people who dont care for guns, tend to hate stupid gun laws. The only way to change the law is to turn people against it.

Gundude

There is a thread on the Nevada page about a guy who was killed by LEO's at a Costco store in Henderson, NV. I think it's still under investigation.