Thread: Gunners Alley

Smile Gunners Alley

Anybody been to the Gunners Alley Store in Cary, N.C. Thats where I ordered my gun belt from (still waiting). They said it would probably be a 4 week wait. Very friendly people over the phone. ...Thanks, Ricky

Never been. What kind of belt did you order?
    "They don't give a damn about any trumpet playing band
    It ain't what they call rock and roll
    And the Sultans...
    Yeah the Sultans, they play Creole"

OCDO Member
    NCGO Member

Big Ed that works there has always been great to deal with.

Those guys sell a ton of web / mail order. Lot's of holsters belts, leather. They can also order just about anything you ask for, firearms included.

Oh and they sponsor GRNC
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    Never been. What kind of belt did you order?
    1"1/2 wide dress gun belt. Its on their web site under the belts. Was gonna order a 1'3/4 wide but the man said the 1"1/2 inch will hold up a heavy 45 or Hi-cap 40 etc. Measured all my belt loops in jeans an couple pair of dress pants and the 1"3/4 would work. But some of my dress shorts it would have been too wide. Anyway it was around 90 bucks hope it was worth it.
    Last edited by Ricky; 03-21-2011 at 09:59 PM.

mattwestm
    The Belt Man makes awesome leather belts. I'm pretty happy with my Wilderness Tactical nylon belt though.

Yea I like their web site...I have an aunt who lives in Cary and I'm gonna make it a point to visit their store when I get down that way.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    Big Ed that works there has always been great to deal with.

Those guys sell a ton of web / mail order. Lot's of holsters belts, leather. They can also order just about anything you ask for, firearms included.

Oh and they sponsor GRNC

Thats what the guy at the store told me that they had to send the order to the leather man..I guess if its a 4 week wait then hes busy and thats a sign of a good belt maker...
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    The Belt Man makes awesome leather belts. I'm pretty happy with my Wilderness Tactical nylon belt though.

The guys at Gunner's Alley are super-nice and very helpful. If I recall, the leather belts they sell are made by The Beltman (Jim). If you search the 'net, you'll see that Jim has a reputation for high-quality belts. I visited his workshop in Apex and ordered mine in person. It's a black 1.5" bullhide with a shark skin cover and it's a fine piece of art that holds my gun very nicely IWB or OWB. Worth every penny.

I also have a Wilderness instructor belt that I believe is available at Gunner's Alley as well. It's not nearly as "nice", but it works very well, is infinitely adjustable between the various comfort zones depending on what I just ate, and I don't have to worry about it getting dinged. I wear it with my work clothes and my Beltman belt otherwise.

Thanks for the feedback...looking forward to getting mine...Anyway to check on its progress???....thanks....Ricky
    Quote Originally Posted by NCRonB View Post
    The guys at Gunner's Alley are super-nice and very helpful. If I recall, the leather belts they sell are made by The Beltman (Jim). If you search the 'net, you'll see that Jim has a reputation for high-quality belts. I visited his workshop in Apex and ordered mine in person. It's a black 1.5" bullhide with a shark skin cover and it's a fine piece of art that holds my gun very nicely IWB or OWB. Worth every penny.

I also have a Wilderness instructor belt that I believe is available at Gunner's Alley as well. It's not nearly as "nice", but it works very well, is infinitely adjustable between the various comfort zones depending on what I just ate, and I don't have to worry about it getting dinged. I wear it with my work clothes and my Beltman belt otherwise.

Great guys to deal with! I go by there every couple of weeks and have two belts I ordered from them. I also have a dozen holsters, shooting glasses and Pro ears for me and my son that have all come from Ed and Bill. Feel free to just call them to check on the status of your belt order.

Smile

Good deal...thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by bag12day View Post
    Great guys to deal with! I go by there every couple of weeks and have two belts I ordered from them. I also have a dozen holsters, shooting glasses and Pro ears for me and my son that have all come from Ed and Bill. Feel free to just call them to check on the status of your belt order.