• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunners Alley

Ricky

Anybody been to the Gunners Alley Store in Cary, N.C. Thats where I ordered my gun belt from (still waiting). They said it would probably be a 4 week wait. Very friendly people over the phone. ...Thanks, Ricky

Smith45acp

Big Ed that works there has always been great to deal with.

Those guys sell a ton of web / mail order. Lot's of holsters belts, leather. They can also order just about anything you ask for, firearms included.

Oh and they sponsor GRNC

Ricky

Never been. What kind of belt did you order?

1"1/2 wide dress gun belt. Its on their web site under the belts. Was gonna order a 1'3/4 wide but the man said the 1"1/2 inch will hold up a heavy 45 or Hi-cap 40 etc. Measured all my belt loops in jeans an couple pair of dress pants and the 1"3/4 would work. But some of my dress shorts it would have been too wide. Anyway it was around 90 bucks hope it was worth it.

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

The Belt Man makes awesome leather belts. I'm pretty happy with my Wilderness Tactical nylon belt though.

Ricky

Yea I like their web site...I have an aunt who lives in Cary and I'm gonna make it a point to visit their store when I get down that way.......
Big Ed that works there has always been great to deal with.

Those guys sell a ton of web / mail order. Lot's of holsters belts, leather. They can also order just about anything you ask for, firearms included.

Oh and they sponsor GRNC

Ricky

Thats what the guy at the store told me that they had to send the order to the leather man..I guess if its a 4 week wait then hes busy and thats a sign of a good belt maker...
The Belt Man makes awesome leather belts. I'm pretty happy with my Wilderness Tactical nylon belt though.

NCRonB

The guys at Gunner's Alley are super-nice and very helpful. If I recall, the leather belts they sell are made by The Beltman (Jim). If you search the 'net, you'll see that Jim has a reputation for high-quality belts. I visited his workshop in Apex and ordered mine in person. It's a black 1.5" bullhide with a shark skin cover and it's a fine piece of art that holds my gun very nicely IWB or OWB. Worth every penny.

I also have a Wilderness instructor belt that I believe is available at Gunner's Alley as well. It's not nearly as "nice", but it works very well, is infinitely adjustable between the various comfort zones depending on what I just ate, and I don't have to worry about it getting dinged. I wear it with my work clothes and my Beltman belt otherwise.

Ricky

Thanks for the feedback...looking forward to getting mine...Anyway to check on its progress???....thanks....Ricky
The guys at Gunner's Alley are super-nice and very helpful. If I recall, the leather belts they sell are made by The Beltman (Jim). If you search the 'net, you'll see that Jim has a reputation for high-quality belts. I visited his workshop in Apex and ordered mine in person. It's a black 1.5" bullhide with a shark skin cover and it's a fine piece of art that holds my gun very nicely IWB or OWB. Worth every penny.

I also have a Wilderness instructor belt that I believe is available at Gunner's Alley as well. It's not nearly as "nice", but it works very well, is infinitely adjustable between the various comfort zones depending on what I just ate, and I don't have to worry about it getting dinged. I wear it with my work clothes and my Beltman belt otherwise.

bag12day

Great guys to deal with! I go by there every couple of weeks and have two belts I ordered from them. I also have a dozen holsters, shooting glasses and Pro ears for me and my son that have all come from Ed and Bill. Feel free to just call them to check on the status of your belt order.

Ricky

Good deal...thanks for the info
Great guys to deal with! I go by there every couple of weeks and have two belts I ordered from them. I also have a dozen holsters, shooting glasses and Pro ears for me and my son that have all come from Ed and Bill. Feel free to just call them to check on the status of your belt order.