• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-OC piece on WESH TV

77zach

I'm sure to catch all kinds of hell for my choice of firearm. Haters gonna hate... :p

Stogie says there will be an amendment restricting OC to handguns. I'm not very familiar with the AMD, but I thought it was classified as a rifle with the barrel extension, otherwise the NFA tax stamp would be needed?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Awesome writeup Ixtow...Absolutly awesome.

I do disagree that there are no "Concealed Carry Purses" that work. I use one myself (Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo) when the rare time comes that I have to CC (once or twice a month.) I have secured the buckle with 550 cord and use the belt anchor. Very very little chance it is getting snatched.

I'm not 100% discrediting them, but it defies logic the way most women carry their purses. You are apparently not 'most women.'

Kinda like a slung AK pistol with an orange muzzle break is kinda obnoxious, but the same AK pistol not painted orange and in a retention holster is entirely sane.

I'm sure some will disagree, but they won't be using facts to do it.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Stogie says there will be an amendment restricting OC to handguns. I'm not very familiar with the AMD, but I thought it was classified as a rifle with the barrel extension, otherwise the NFA tax stamp would be needed?

The AMD barrel is 12 inches long. It also has a shorter piston that is incompatible with the standard AK. Mine has no butt stock, it never did. I made the receiver myself. It is absolutely an unapologetically a Pistol by anyone's accounting.

No butt = not a rifle. Period. No matter how long the barrel is or isn't. NFA applies in the opposite direction, a rifle may not have a barrel shorter than 16 inches, and an overall length of no less than 26 inches.

1) Mine isn't a rifle, so SBR NFA rules do not apply.
2) The barrel is too short for it to be anything but an SBR anyway.
3) I did not modify a rifle to make this, so Once a Rifle, Always a Rifle does not apply.
4) I did not install the forward vertical foregrip, so again, NFA does not apply.

No matter how you shake it, it's a Pistol. And it's big enough to tell that from across the room. No excuse to detain to 'find out.' Until Green OC passes, I'm the only one who's got a reason to be fishing! ;-)

It has been my job to know these things for 8 years now. I worked for a Class III for 5 years. And I simply cared to know long before.

Last edited:

Kingfish

No matter how you shake it, it's a Pistol. And it's big enough to tell that from across the room. No excuse to detain to 'find out.
Assuming FL disallows long gun OC, I disagree. I don't know that EVERY leo is or should be expected to know every firearm in the US. A LEO in good faith could not know of an EBR style pistol and assume yours was a modified riffle. I would suspect a judge could very easily be convinced the LEO was acting in good faith.

77zach

The AMD barrel is 12 inches long. It also has a shorter piston that is incompatible with the standard AK. Mine has no butt stock, it never did. I made the receiver myself. It is absolutely an unapologetically a Pistol by anyone's accounting.

No butt = not a rifle. Period. No matter how long the barrel is or isn't. NFA applies in the opposite direction, a rifle may not have a barrel shorter than 16 inches, and an overall length of no less than 26 inches.

1) Mine isn't a rifle, so SBR NFA rules do not apply.
2) The barrel is too short for it to be anything but an SBR anyway.
3) I did not modify a rifle to make this, so One a Rifle, Always a Rifle does not apply.
4) I did not install the forward vertical foregrip, so again, NFA does not apply.

No matter how you shake it, it's a Pistol. And it's big enough to tell that from across the room. No excuse to detain to 'find out.' Until Green OC passes, I'm the only one who's got a reason to be fishing! ;-)

It has been my job to know these things for 8 years now. I worked for a Class III for 5 years. And I simply cared to know long before.

Sweet. Just promise me if Mayor Bloomberg's magic bus tour comes to town you'll be next to it OCing.

http://www.fixgunchecks.org/detail/gma-mrb

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Assuming FL disallows long gun OC, I disagree. I don't know that EVERY leo is or should be expected to know every firearm in the US. A LEO in good faith could not know of an EBR style pistol and assume yours was a modified riffle. I would suspect a judge could very easily be convinced the LEO was acting in good faith.

Sure enough. But I don't need to be detained to have a friendly conversation about how awesome my gun is. I'll be happy to fill in what he doesn't know, just like anyone else who may ask.

But if 6 of them surround me and tell me it's a rifle without bothering to ask, tackle me, cuff me, etc... Shoot first ask questions later kinda behavior. That's gonna go a different route. Ignorance does not equate to Probable Cause.

It's a home-made receiver. What evidence does said LEO have that I converted a Rifle into an SBR with no butt? It is impossible to have such evidence, because it never happened.

It is unique, but the same laws apply. Just cuz my gun is different doesn't mean the lawbooks and case law go out the window. I agree it may be a little bumpy in practice, but I'm willing to ho that row to carry an effective self defense tool.

Not knowing does not equate to RAS or PC, as both are thins the Officer must know. Thus, not knowing my actions, and/or not knowing the law doesn't mean he gets to grab me and THEN do research. He might do it anyway... But that doesn't make it legal.

Last edited:

Kingfish

Not knowing does not equate to RAS or PC...
It may dude. The "R" in RAS stands for reasonable. If an officer acting on good faith believes an uncommon handgun to be a modified riffle then they might have RAS that you are carrying a riffle. What is "reasonable" is pretty subjective and like I said, I think an officer can pretty easily convince a judge he "reasonably" believed your EBP was at one time a riffle.

I hope you pull it off though.

bobthegunslinger

I have received an addition message, without solicitation. It seems Charles is honestly concerned.

I'm sure to catch all kinds of hell for my choice of firearm. Haters gonna hate... :p

I currently OC My 30rd AK magazine. It'll be in my AMD-65 should this bill pass. Not because I want to make a scene. But because my little 1911 mag often went unnoticed. Hard to have conversations about things that nobody notices.... So you've proven that most people wander about in condition white. How is that helpful?

Is anyone else doing something to spread the word? As usual, the talkers mock the doers for making them feel inadequate.

glad to hear o`meara come to his senses,but i wonder how many people seen that video and are now against open carry!these are probably people that write their senators too!the damage is done!hopefully we can turn some of them around!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It may dude. The "R" in RAS stands for reasonable. If an officer acting on good faith believes an uncommon handgun to be a modified riffle then they might have RAS that you are carrying a riffle. What is "reasonable" is pretty subjective and like I said, I think an officer can pretty easily convince a judge he "reasonably" believed your EBP was at one time a riffle.

I hope you pull it off though.

Settled Law.

If I say it's not, and he has no evidence to the contrary... His belief is a fabrication of his own imagination and totally unsupported.

I don't deny it could be sticky. But it isn't reasonable to fly in the face of settled law. Your position also presumes the bill to be amended to prohibit long guns. That excuse goes bye-bye.

If a LEO is going to arrest or detain someone on such basis, does he not have to know the law in regard to it? No, not always, you're right. But even dirty cops (or, especially dirty cops) do enough research to cover their asses. If I provide that data and they choose to reject it in favor of willful ignorance, well, damn, even Liberal Activist Judges don't take kindly to that. I've never seen a Judge fail to come down on a LEO for Willful Ignorance. If the matter comes up and the resources are available, they don't get away with refusing reference in order to perform an arrest. That is a HUGE no-no. I mean, HUGE.

I know it's a risk. LEOs can do whatever they want and 'fix it in the report.' I doubt I'd hang around in a place long enough for cops to respond anyway. I'm an in and out, no screwing around 'shopping' kind of guy. I avoid the human race like the plague that it is most of the time. My exposure to them will be limited and brief anyway.

Besides, the definitions of Pistol or Rifle are, last I checked, Federal. Local LEOs have no authority.

It's a Pistol. Sure, they can do some acrobatics to make it out to be otherwise, but as has been proven elsewhere, the acrobats lose.

Would you amend OC Law elsewhere to include only things like Tazers and Mace? I choose the more effective tool with which I am most comfortable. It is light years better than a conventional handgun in virtually every way. Ammo is cheap. I'm very accurate with it... Moving on. I know the odds of being ambushed by politically motivated LEOs with a chip on their shoulder is pretty good. In this town, it's a given. Won't really matter what I carry.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
There is only ONE gun law I find that is valid and it was written a very long time ago.

It would seem that the 'amenders' are specifically looking for this very excuse. It can't serve any other purpose.

It seems harmless on it's surface, but will serve as nothing but a loophole for police to be willfully ignorant. An unnecessary compromise.

It is unlikely that I will join the Elites in this agenda. I doubt very strongly that I will get a permit, or remain in this horrible State now.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Colorado is my choice but AZ, WA, WY, MT, ID, UT, NH, VT, VA are all nice.

Government is so out of control, and the slaves happy to foist it upon me, I am not sure I'll be happy anywhere I go. But FL is ridiculous.

When beset by absolute evil, the only path of a respectable man is absolute defiance.

Last edited:

77zach

Government is so out of control, and the slaves happy to foist it upon me, I am not sure I'll be happy anywhere I go. But FL is ridiculous.

When beset by absolute evil, the only path of a respectable man is absolute defiance.

Wyoming. Wide open spaces and constitutional carry. Each state has its own disadvantages. Some states, like New Jersey and NY, are intolerable for 2nd amendment lovers though. Florida is a state with no income tax, +1.

I enjoy the rise in blood pressure fighting the enemy for liberty. Once the Federal Reserve/military industrial complex/wall street cartel has completely destroyed the finances of the country and the effects felt deep and widespread, we'll need freedom lovers to pick up the pieces.

Case in point, Wisconsin. Hopefully going from "No Issue" to constitutional carry this year. People have a way of respecting liberty more when tyranny is bankrupt.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Wyoming. Wide open spaces and constitutional carry. Each state has its own disadvantages. Some states, like New Jersey and NY, are intolerable for 2nd amendment lovers though. Florida is a state with no income tax, +1.

I enjoy the rise in blood pressure fighting the enemy for liberty. Once the Federal Reserve/military industrial complex/wall street cartel has completely destroyed the finances of the country and the effects felt deep and widespread, we'll need freedom lovers to pick up the pieces.

Case in point, Wisconsin. Hopefully going from "No Issue" to constitutional carry this year. People have a way of respecting liberty more when tyranny is bankrupt.

No State Income Tax, No Compulsory Insurance for Motorcycles. The only things keeping me here. Florida has too many willing and proud slaves to ever be bankrupt. Not to mention the most wildly out of control police force of any State in the country.

My blood pressure is high enough already. Constantly being attacked by people who are supposedly on the same team isn't helping anything. Screw this noise. I have grown-up things to do.

Fight dragons long enough, eventually you become one....

Nevada looks nice...

His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson. His name is Robert Paulson.

Last edited:

Willy556

Do not want to hijack the thread, but I posted a few pieces on the link above and would love some feedback! I am new to this Forum and wanted to introduce myself. Shoot Straight is dead to me.

Willy

Last edited: