• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I saw you OCing in my store...

WantsToCarry

Was at work today and oh what joy! I had a man come in OCing!:banana: I couldn't tell if he was a officer or not, but honestly, I have only seen two people OC in public since i started to actively look.

He was from Albion..was that anyone on here? (Wont say what store for safety reasons, but it was In Lewiston Maine, after 430 Pm.)

Just thought I would share my joy. Maine has been a little dead lately (which is fine) Just thought id add something to talk about.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Next time walk up and say, "Howdy." No harm in that, just friendly public relations.:D

bushwacker

why hell, give him a discount on something (call it the open carry special with a check out opening up just for you ) he will spread the word and then see if open carriers increase in your store .It would be a cool little experiment and then let us know how it comes out...ok?

WantsToCarry

I work at a Auto Parts store, so I did just that and gave him a discount. I wanted to ask him about it, but I didn't want to show my excitement. Haha. It sounds Childish but I was so ecstatic to see a OCr I didnt dare talk and make my self look a fool.

I have talked to the other guy that comes to my store and shook his hand and told him how i thought it was awesome. He kinda looked at me funny and said, "oh i have a cwp..I just dont conceal it that much.."

M

McX

Consider yourself fortunate; your policy to embrace citizen rights is paying off for you, you are now tapped in to a market that many businesses havent considered; the Open Carrier. you also will enjoy a safer environment as the Open Carriers come and go, and word gets out that at any given time, they may be there. your ahead of the curve now, as a business owner, and citizen.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
M.a.i.n.e. Men Armend In Nice Enviroments

Severe necro post - this thread hadn't seen a posting in 11 months. Note dates before posting and if you are not up to speed then read the thread first please.

A new name was selected some time ago - Go-Me = Gun Owners of Maine