• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Way Public Health Center

DevinWKuska

I realize that from the e-mails that is not the case in this instance. BUT, if a business so chooses to post a no firearms sign. It would seem then your ignoring the sign would constitute trespassing no? Kind of like the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime for any reason. If a business states something clearly on there business wouldnt that make you in the wrong? If not I am going into McDonalds without shoes no shirt:p

If my understanding is correct then the OP did the right thing. Because if it was posted(well wait.. lets assume it was private business) then the OPs ignoring the sign would constitute tresspassing thus endangering his/her freedom and or right to carry at all. I realize state pre-emption and all that, I am just curious as to once its a private establishment... where is the line?

Last edited:

Johnsmith1521

I realize that from the e-mails that is not the case in this instance. BUT, if a business so chooses to post a no firearms sign. It would seem then your ignoring the sign would constitute trespassing no? Kind of like the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime for any reason. If a business states something clearly on there business wouldnt that make you in the wrong? If not I am going into McDonalds without shoes no shirt:p

If my understanding is correct then the OP did the right thing. Because if it was posted(well wait.. lets assume it was private business) then the OPs ignoring the sign would constitute tresspassing thus endangering his/her freedom and or right to carry at all. I realize state pre-emption and all that, I am just curious as to once its a private establishment... where is the line?

WIC is not a private business... The building I went to is ran by King County... The sign they have up is "No weapons allowed, unless allowed by law"...

amlevin

WIC is not a private business... The building I went to is ran by King County... The sign they have up is "No weapons allowed, unless allowed by law"...

Weapons are allowed by law for those that are not felons, mentally disqualified, or those with restraining orders against them.

If you're not one of those, your firearm is allowed not only by law, but by State and Federal Constitution. Remember if it's not Prohibited by Law, it must be allowed by law.

.45ACPaddy

I haven't got a clue as how to post it on line.

Assuming you've transferred the audio to your computer, and you've noted where you've transferred it to, go to this site:

http://www.2shared.com/

Click browse, then in the window that pops up, navigate to the audio file you transferred. Select it, and click "open." The window will disappear and text will fill in that space next to the browse button. Underneath that text, click "Upload it!" and wait for it to upload. It will give you a link when it's done, just copy that and paste it in a post. We can then follow that link and download that audio file.

phoneguy

Assuming you've transferred the audio to your computer, and you've noted where you've transferred it to, go to this site:

http://www.2shared.com/

Click browse, then in the window that pops up, navigate to the audio file you transferred. Select it, and click "open." The window will disappear and text will fill in that space next to the browse button. Underneath that text, click "Upload it!" and wait for it to upload. It will give you a link when it's done, just copy that and paste it in a post. We can then follow that link and download that audio file.

Thanks, it is not working for me. I am not very good on this. Next meetup I will bring my note book and have someone help me.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran

Nope, the sign has no weight of law. They must ask me to leave to refuse me service and only after I am asked and if I refuse to leave may I be cited for trespassing by the police. Is it disrespectful to ignore their sign? perhaps Is it disrespectful for a business to ignore the Constitution? perhaps

A business open to the public is looking to make a transaction for money and not step on the rights of others.

.45ACPaddy

If and when I have my own business, I'll be putting up signs that encourage open carry, as well as other lawful forms of carry.