Thread: Long time gun owner new forum member

Long time gun owner new forum member

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I have owned guns my entire life and have taught deadly force, marksmanship and firearm safety for the Navy for about 12 years now.

I know the state laws regarding concealed and open carry but I have never open carried simply beacuse I have not been sure how well it is accpeted in the Hampton roads area but it sounds as if it is generally accpeted without serious problem or confrontaion. I personally would prefer to open carry simply for the comfort factor of a hip holster vice an IWB holster.

Welcome (again) to OCDO, Squid!

I'm a retired Puddle Pirate, tossed out after 22 years with disability in 2005. I was in the same liine of work for most of my career. We have OC dinners on both sides of the water. Come on out and join us!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Welcome aboard, Saint1911.

Welcome join a dinner when you can. I work nights and can't make most of them, but have met some nice folks at the ones I have been able to make.

welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint1911 View Post
    I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I have owned guns my entire life and have taught deadly force, marksmanship and firearm safety for the Navy for about 12 years now.

I know the state laws regarding concealed and open carry but I have never open carried simply beacuse I have not been sure how well it is accpeted in the Hampton roads area but it sounds as if it is generally accpeted without serious problem or confrontaion. I personally would prefer to open carry simply for the comfort factor of a hip holster vice an IWB holster.
    It says your in Chesapeake, you wouldn't happen to been at Applebee's like within the last 3 months and picked your gun up outta your trunk?

I saw a guy do that. I almost got out and said hi, but I didn't know if he get scared lol.

Welcome!
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Another Sailor! Welcome aboard! We're a decent bunch, for the most part. You'll find this site to be very informative and friendly.

You might also want to check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League at www.vcdl.org Many on here are also members.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

to OCHOLSTEROC, no definately not me at applebees. If it had been, I would not have minded talking though
    2a4all, I have been signed up with VCDL for sometime now as well as a member of the NRA. VCDL is definately a great organization.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

to OCHOLSTEROC, no definately not me at applebees. If it had been, I would not have minded talking though
    2a4all, I have been signed up with VCDL for sometime now as well as a member of the NRA. VCDL is definately a great organization.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
    Which Walmart do you shop at? Greenbrier/Grass Field/Chesapeake Square Mall? Theres a new one opening in a few months by the Target near the boarder @ Edinburgh Commons right off the Chesapeake express way, last two exits before boarder.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 03-22-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

I live near the greenbrier Walmart but I shop at it and the Grassfield. I am also in Battlefield Guns and Ammo pretty regularly.
    Proud Member of VCDL and NRA
    Springfield 1911 Government
    Rock Island 1911A1 Compact

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety -Benjamin Franklin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Welcome to the site Saint!

I live near the greenbrier Walmart but I shop at it and the Grassfield. I am also in Battlefield Guns and Ammo pretty regularly.
    Oh yeah Battlefield guns and ammo, I been there.