• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long time gun owner new forum member

Saint1911

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I have owned guns my entire life and have taught deadly force, marksmanship and firearm safety for the Navy for about 12 years now.

I know the state laws regarding concealed and open carry but I have never open carried simply beacuse I have not been sure how well it is accpeted in the Hampton roads area but it sounds as if it is generally accpeted without serious problem or confrontaion. I personally would prefer to open carry simply for the comfort factor of a hip holster vice an IWB holster.

MSC 45ACP

Welcome (again) to OCDO, Squid!

I'm a retired Puddle Pirate, tossed out after 22 years with disability in 2005. I was in the same liine of work for most of my career. We have OC dinners on both sides of the water. Come on out and join us!

ocholsteroc

I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I have owned guns my entire life and have taught deadly force, marksmanship and firearm safety for the Navy for about 12 years now.

I know the state laws regarding concealed and open carry but I have never open carried simply beacuse I have not been sure how well it is accpeted in the Hampton roads area but it sounds as if it is generally accpeted without serious problem or confrontaion. I personally would prefer to open carry simply for the comfort factor of a hip holster vice an IWB holster.

It says your in Chesapeake, you wouldn't happen to been at Applebee's like within the last 3 months and picked your gun up outta your trunk?

I saw a guy do that. I almost got out and said hi, but I didn't know if he get scared lol.

Welcome!

2a4all

Another Sailor! Welcome aboard! We're a decent bunch, for the most part. You'll find this site to be very informative and friendly.

You might also want to check out the Virginia Citizens Defense League at www.vcdl.org Many on here are also members.

Saint1911

to OCHOLSTEROC, no definately not me at applebees. If it had been, I would not have minded talking though
2a4all, I have been signed up with VCDL for sometime now as well as a member of the NRA. VCDL is definately a great organization.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

ocholsteroc

to OCHOLSTEROC, no definately not me at applebees. If it had been, I would not have minded talking though
2a4all, I have been signed up with VCDL for sometime now as well as a member of the NRA. VCDL is definately a great organization.

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.

Which Walmart do you shop at? Greenbrier/Grass Field/Chesapeake Square Mall? Theres a new one opening in a few months by the Target near the boarder @ Edinburgh Commons right off the Chesapeake express way, last two exits before boarder.

Last edited:

Saint1911

I live near the greenbrier Walmart but I shop at it and the Grassfield. I am also in Battlefield Guns and Ammo pretty regularly.