Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: The Great Northwest Washington OC report

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138

    The Great Northwest Washington OC report

    South Sound, Vancouver, Eastern Wa OC reports. I did not know where to post OC reports from my area so I added this one.

    I have been all over Bellingham lately and I feel like the invisible man. This past weekend I have been in Haggens, Costcutter, The Grocery outlet, Lowes, The Wonderfull Buffet (a couple of times, good food), a mexican resturaunt, Applebys, Barnes and Noble, Petco, Petsmart, Goodwill and the Salvation Army. Last wednesday I got into an argument (he started it) with a Parks official about dogs in the park. No notice or mention of the weapon. I saw a Border Patrol guy (another post) and that was positive. He is the only one who noticed the weapon and said anything.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315
    When we had our OC bbq in the park over by Lake Whatcom the officers who checked on us walked right by six or seven dogs to tell us that we couldn't have our dogs in the park (some sort of hours restriction on when you can). Pretty clearly a "pretextual" conversation to walk over and check us out. We were laughing about it with other dog owners who were completely ignored.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138
    Dogs are authorized there all the time. There is an off leash restriction of sorts 6am to 10 am. The rest of the day you are good if you don't let your dog on the beaches, so, yes, they questioned you on pretense.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, Washington, USA
    Posts
    295
    I saw Northwest WA and I thought someone had been OCing out at Sekiu, Clallam Bay, Neah Bay, or maybe Forks.

  5. #5
    Regular Member skiingislife725's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Posts
    400
    There was a north of Everett thread but it got buried among all of the off-topic stuff being posted as of late. Btw, saw my first unicorn today (another OCer) outside of Skylark's in Fairhaven! Very cool!

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    When we had our OC bbq in the park over by Lake Whatcom the officers who checked on us walked right by six or seven dogs to tell us that we couldn't have our dogs in the park (some sort of hours restriction on when you can). Pretty clearly a "pretextual" conversation to walk over and check us out. We were laughing about it with other dog owners who were completely ignored.
    We were able to hand out more pamphlets because of it too, people were all very curious why they did that and they all could tell the obviousness of the police actions.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138
    Lori and I were standing by the side of the street waiting to cross into the park with the dogs yesterday. A pair of motorcycle officers went by on my strong side, weapon in plain sight, and all I got was a smile.

  8. #8
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Lori and I really liked that park, we're going to have to get together again soon there!
    Sounds like you are volunteering to me.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138

    Celebrate the Armys birthday.

    14 JUNE is the US Army's birthday (and Flag day and the Queens birthday[may the english rot in hell] and my daughters birthday) so my Sweet Baboo and I thought we would invite the bunch to our place. The celebration will be held the weekend prior (Saturday) at our place in Bellingham. The water in the lake should be above freezing if you choose to swim. We have five kayaks available for use in the lagoon. We can roast a few dead animals and drink adult beverages. This should give everyone enough time to plan time, menu and travel. How many can we plan on attending? What say you all?

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    14 JUNE is the US Army's birthday (and Flag day and the Queens birthday[may the english rot in hell] and my daughters birthday) so my Sweet Baboo and I thought we would invite the bunch to our place. The celebration will be held the weekend prior (Saturday) at our place in Bellingham. The water in the lake should be above freezing if you choose to swim. We have five kayaks available for use in the lagoon. We can roast a few dead animals and drink adult beverages. This should give everyone enough time to plan time, menu and travel. How many can we plan on attending? What say you all?
    Sort of far out for me to be sure but count me in if I am in town.
    If it isn't just for the local folks might be good to start a new thread for it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member DevinWKuska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Spanaway
    Posts
    300
    Hmm this is where we can post OC events right? seems there is getting so many wasnt sure if others were getting too full or not...

    anyways

    Manor Hardware(112th + steele tacoma'ish) Turned in my Dewalt drill from some TLC repairs no probelms.

    Bigfoot Espresso: No issues barista was kinda cute... and she was preggers so you know she... nvm.

    Fred Meyer (176th+Meridian Puyallup) never had issues.

    Wells Fargo(160th+meridian?) No issues girls all know me, security guard there use to work with me lol

    Puerta Vallarta (224th+meridian Puyallup) No issues... gotta love the waiter with the blonde hair. He knows I been leanring spanish and will only take my order if I give it in spanish... Chinga Con chile!!!!
    "So there I was between a rock and a hard place, when it hit me... What am I doing on this side of the rock?"

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138
    I had an eye exam on wednesday. Sat in the lobby and kibbitzed with the girls, had a prelim exam w/nurse, Dr did exam. nobody noticed. I must say, go about your business and you will be invisible.

  13. #13
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I had an eye exam on wednesday. Sat in the lobby and kibbitzed with the girls, had a prelim exam w/nurse, Dr did exam. nobody noticed. I must say, go about your business and you will be invisible.
    Was it with vision quest the guy from South Africa? Mark?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138

    Dr G Green-B'ham Family Eye Clinic

    Dr Green is out on Birchwood bnot far from the hospital. Seemed very OC friendly

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    I was just curious cuz I did some work for Mark and I think he might have spotted me OC'ing.

    We should all get together again for some coffee.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138
    I can be up for that. Name a time and a place and we will see how many we can get.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138

    windshield wipers

    I saw a thread comment about OC in auto shops so I thought I would visit a few today. Well O'Reilly Auto Parts at meridian and bakerview very quiet, everyone polite. The other O'Reillys by McDs, the same. Stopped by Nappa, walked in with a counter guy out fixing someones car. I walked around a while, got help, got what I was looking for. Same as O'Reillys, quiet. Oh yes, I stopped by the bank while I was out. Always a pleasent experience there.

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I saw a thread comment about OC in auto shops so I thought I would visit a few today. Well O'Reilly Auto Parts at meridian and bakerview very quiet, everyone polite. The other O'Reillys by McDs, the same. Stopped by Nappa, walked in with a counter guy out fixing someones car. I walked around a while, got help, got what I was looking for. Same as O'Reillys, quiet. Oh yes, I stopped by the bank while I was out. Always a pleasent experience there.
    O'riely's follows state law, My buddy is the DSM for them, used to manage King St. and has his office off Meridian one when he is in. All his employees have been or should be informed. He shoots with us once in awhile and came to the Pit clean up last year.

    I was going to say Sat. but looks like the wife might wanna go to Seattle that day. I been pretty swamped but could pull off work for an impromptu during the week.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 03-29-2011 at 09:42 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138

    " Another full day without a peep or sideways glance" orig posted by Snarlywino

    I went shopping(B'ham) with the wife Saturday. We hit Freddys, Grocery Outlet, had breakfast at Arlis's place, Big Lots, Goodwill, and a restaurant supplies store. The last time we were at the restaurant supplies store the manager/owner was giving me "The Look" and openly concerned about me as I went thru his store. This time he had a smile on his face and an apparent song in his heart. Nothing at Petco, Barnes & Noble or the gas station. I am invisible

    SVG, I am free during the week almost all the time, call me when you get a break.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    SVG, I am free during the week almost all the time, call me when you get a break.
    Ditto, Spring break.

    PS NAPA could care less. Go in there all the time and never a peep. Two years plus and counting.

  21. #21
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by heresolong View Post
    Ditto, Spring break.

    PS NAPA could care less. Go in there all the time and never a peep. Two years plus and counting.
    I'm still working On Smith Road not too far from Bakerview if ya guys wanna meet there.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  22. #22
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    O'riely's follows state law,
    O'Reilly's (formerly Schucks) only written policy is for Employees. No guns or even ammo allowed in Store or in vehicles parked in lot.

    As for Customers, they are reluctant to confront any Customer for Anything. Employees are even told to avoid confronting Shoplifters. After all, they don't want to upset them an send them to Napa or Auto Zone.


    (note: I worked for them for a few years after I retired. The local management doesn't want to do anything that might offend any customer, even if they aren't really a customer.)
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  23. #23
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    O'Reilly's (formerly Schucks) only written policy is for Employees. No guns or even ammo allowed in Store or in vehicles parked in lot.

    As for Customers, they are reluctant to confront any Customer for Anything. Employees are even told to avoid confronting Shoplifters. After all, they don't want to upset them an send them to Napa or Auto Zone.


    (note: I worked for them for a few years after I retired. The local management doesn't want to do anything that might offend any customer, even if they aren't really a customer.)
    Yea a very close acquaintance of mine works for them. He Managed two stores before being made DMZ, been with the company for 25 years. Guns on customers good to go.

    To go along with your point he once told me if someone comes in and asks for a cheeseburger he instructed his employees to go across the street get one from McDonald's, bring it back mark it up 30% and sell it to them.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  24. #24
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yea a very close acquaintance of mine works for them. He Managed two stores before being made DMZ, been with the company for 25 years. Guns on customers good to go.

    To go along with your point he once told me if someone comes in and asks for a cheeseburger he instructed his employees to go across the street get one from McDonald's, bring it back mark it up 30% and sell it to them.
    Is his name Dave?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Is his name Dave?
    No it's Tod.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •