• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Great Northwest Washington OC report

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
South Sound, Vancouver, Eastern Wa OC reports. I did not know where to post OC reports from my area so I added this one.

I have been all over Bellingham lately and I feel like the invisible man. This past weekend I have been in Haggens, Costcutter, The Grocery outlet, Lowes, The Wonderfull Buffet (a couple of times, good food), a mexican resturaunt, Applebys, Barnes and Noble, Petco, Petsmart, Goodwill and the Salvation Army. Last wednesday I got into an argument (he started it) with a Parks official about dogs in the park. No notice or mention of the weapon. I saw a Border Patrol guy (another post) and that was positive. He is the only one who noticed the weapon and said anything.

heresolong

When we had our OC bbq in the park over by Lake Whatcom the officers who checked on us walked right by six or seven dogs to tell us that we couldn't have our dogs in the park (some sort of hours restriction on when you can). Pretty clearly a "pretextual" conversation to walk over and check us out. We were laughing about it with other dog owners who were completely ignored.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Dogs are authorized there all the time. There is an off leash restriction of sorts 6am to 10 am. The rest of the day you are good if you don't let your dog on the beaches, so, yes, they questioned you on pretense.

skiingislife725

There was a north of Everett thread but it got buried among all of the off-topic stuff being posted as of late. Btw, saw my first unicorn today (another OCer) outside of Skylark's in Fairhaven! Very cool!

sudden valley gunner

When we had our OC bbq in the park over by Lake Whatcom the officers who checked on us walked right by six or seven dogs to tell us that we couldn't have our dogs in the park (some sort of hours restriction on when you can). Pretty clearly a "pretextual" conversation to walk over and check us out. We were laughing about it with other dog owners who were completely ignored.

We were able to hand out more pamphlets because of it too, people were all very curious why they did that and they all could tell the obviousness of the police actions.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Lori and I were standing by the side of the street waiting to cross into the park with the dogs yesterday. A pair of motorcycle officers went by on my strong side, weapon in plain sight, and all I got was a smile.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Celebrate the Armys birthday.

14 JUNE is the US Army's birthday (and Flag day and the Queens birthday[may the english rot in hell] and my daughters birthday) so my Sweet Baboo and I thought we would invite the bunch to our place. The celebration will be held the weekend prior (Saturday) at our place in Bellingham. The water in the lake should be above freezing if you choose to swim. We have five kayaks available for use in the lagoon. We can roast a few dead animals and drink adult beverages. This should give everyone enough time to plan time, menu and travel. How many can we plan on attending? What say you all?

sudden valley gunner

14 JUNE is the US Army's birthday (and Flag day and the Queens birthday[may the english rot in hell] and my daughters birthday) so my Sweet Baboo and I thought we would invite the bunch to our place. The celebration will be held the weekend prior (Saturday) at our place in Bellingham. The water in the lake should be above freezing if you choose to swim. We have five kayaks available for use in the lagoon. We can roast a few dead animals and drink adult beverages. This should give everyone enough time to plan time, menu and travel. How many can we plan on attending? What say you all?

Sort of far out for me to be sure but count me in if I am in town.
If it isn't just for the local folks might be good to start a new thread for it.

DevinWKuska

Hmm this is where we can post OC events right? seems there is getting so many wasnt sure if others were getting too full or not...

anyways

Manor Hardware(112th + steele tacoma'ish) Turned in my Dewalt drill from some TLC repairs no probelms.

Bigfoot Espresso: No issues barista was kinda cute... and she was preggers so you know she... nvm.

Fred Meyer (176th+Meridian Puyallup) never had issues.

Wells Fargo(160th+meridian?) No issues girls all know me, security guard there use to work with me lol

Puerta Vallarta (224th+meridian Puyallup) No issues... gotta love the waiter with the blonde hair. He knows I been leanring spanish and will only take my order if I give it in spanish... Chinga Con chile!!!!

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
I had an eye exam on wednesday. Sat in the lobby and kibbitzed with the girls, had a prelim exam w/nurse, Dr did exam. nobody noticed. I must say, go about your business and you will be invisible.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
windshield wipers

I saw a thread comment about OC in auto shops so I thought I would visit a few today. Well O'Reilly Auto Parts at meridian and bakerview very quiet, everyone polite. The other O'Reillys by McDs, the same. Stopped by Nappa, walked in with a counter guy out fixing someones car. I walked around a while, got help, got what I was looking for. Same as O'Reillys, quiet. Oh yes, I stopped by the bank while I was out. Always a pleasent experience there.

sudden valley gunner

I saw a thread comment about OC in auto shops so I thought I would visit a few today. Well O'Reilly Auto Parts at meridian and bakerview very quiet, everyone polite. The other O'Reillys by McDs, the same. Stopped by Nappa, walked in with a counter guy out fixing someones car. I walked around a while, got help, got what I was looking for. Same as O'Reillys, quiet. Oh yes, I stopped by the bank while I was out. Always a pleasent experience there.

O'riely's follows state law, My buddy is the DSM for them, used to manage King St. and has his office off Meridian one when he is in. All his employees have been or should be informed. He shoots with us once in awhile and came to the Pit clean up last year.

I was going to say Sat. but looks like the wife might wanna go to Seattle that day. I been pretty swamped but could pull off work for an impromptu during the week.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
" Another full day without a peep or sideways glance" orig posted by Snarlywino

I went shopping(B'ham) with the wife Saturday. We hit Freddys, Grocery Outlet, had breakfast at Arlis's place, Big Lots, Goodwill, and a restaurant supplies store. The last time we were at the restaurant supplies store the manager/owner was giving me "The Look" and openly concerned about me as I went thru his store. This time he had a smile on his face and an apparent song in his heart. Nothing at Petco, Barnes & Noble or the gas station. I am invisible

SVG, I am free during the week almost all the time, call me when you get a break.