• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Great Northwest Washington OC report

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
We went out to dinner again last night and hit our local favorite, The Wonderful Buffet. Yes, it is. The people there always welcome us warmly. Next stop was TJ Max. No issues.

heresolong

Saturday night.

Leechee Buffett. Jam packed full of Canadian Chinese shoppers who arrived in buses and cars (presumably on a shopping spree). Not a glance, not a comment, not sure anyone noticed but you'd think they would have as I made two trips to the buffett. Not bad food, reasonable price.

Starbucks, Sehome Village. Not a single comment or sideways glance.

REI, Sehome Village. Half an hour of browsing, tried on a pair of the new shoes with fingers for your toes, they are very comfortable. Chatted with a Canadian lady down from the Yukon, talked to the sales lady about the shoes for a while (decided not to buy them yet as I am not sure that my old feet will take not having giant arch supports anymore), checked out and bought some other stuff I picked up (a cool waterproof Pelican case for my digital camera, will drop nicely into my saddlebag and my camera won't get bashed around anymore). Not a glance or comment about the gun.

Decided not to carry into the theater to see Atlas Shrugged. My decision, don't flame me. Not a bad movie. Got the point across quite well although the dialogue and action were somewhat choppy. Decent acting but nothing special. Dagny Taggart was played by Taylor Schilling who seemed to be acting for the stage. Reactions that seem designed to reach an audience that is watching a play and can't really see the characters well. The odd part is that she looks really familiar but she hasn't done anything that I've ever seen before. I think the biggest problem with the movie is that you are trying to make a 1,000 page book about economics and Objectivism into an entertaining movie. On the positive side my roommate, who has not read the book, walked out saying "interesting ideas."

Fred Meyer gas. Fred Meyer is sort of old hat now. Hardly worth mentioning because it is so routine. :)

sudden valley gunner

No Flaming, but I have had no problems at the movie theaters, I CC though when I go to the one at the mall.

Yea there were a ton of Can-asians in town, the last few days I wonder if it was for easter. And no comments about my carry from anyone either.

Friday, ran into another contractor we talking business he pauses and says "You are carrying a gun" I simply state yea I carry everywhere I go. He said "You sound like my brother" and then back onto contracting issues. No problems, :lol:

heresolong

Then perhaps it was one of those "Morning's after the night before when you woke up remembering nothing" but the image of a person lives on.

LOL. I really hope I am not waking up and forgetting an encounter with someone as beautiful and talented as that. I don't have enough going on in my life to be forgetting the good stuff. :)