• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walgreens (Riverdale Rd.)

ThatOneChick

Hey everyone! Just saw I missed the OC meet. UGH! Next time...

Anyway, had yet another incident with my OC. *Sigh* Been going to the Walgreens at 255 E 36th St. South Ogden (Just off Riverdale Rd.) for a couple years with absolutely no previous problems. Actually have had many, many positive interactions with employees and other customers alike.

Went in yesterday and an employee approached me and my friend and, very rudely and loudly, said my "weapon was making the people in the pharmacy nervous". Ok? I asked her if she could lower her voice because, well, last thing I want is for panic to ensue. This was met with more aggression and her getting more loud. I'm laughing and sobbing in my head--do people really think it's ok to go up to random people who are carrying a weapon and start yelling at them?

"Are you asking me to leave?" "Yes." K! Leave my shopping right there, walk up to the front employee and asked if I could speak to a manager. He called for the same woman who just yelled at me. "NO! Wait, wait. I need someone higher up than her." "She's the owner." Ugh. "K, I need district or corporate."

I've eMailed district asking what the policy is. I've read on several different forums that Walgreens' policy is to follow local laws (We all know how well that works for the frickin' Wal-Mart on Riverdale Rd.!).

So, be aware that Julie up at the Walgreens on Riverdale Rd. is anti-OC. In my experience previous, the assistant manager and most--if not all--of the other employees are neutral/pro/carry themselves but, that could be changed if Julie threw a fit to the other employees.

Hope everyone is doing well and, so incredibly sorry I missed the OC meet!

Last edited:

MKEgal

ThatOneChick said:
an employee approached me and my friend and, very rudely and loudly, said my "weapon was making the people in the pharmacy nervous".
Ah, all new staff since I was here last?

do people really think it's ok to go up to random people who are carrying a weapon and start yelling at them?
She obviously didn't believe you were a threat, or she wouldn't have antagonized you.
Wonder how much louder & frothier she would have gotten if you'd pointed that out?

jpm84092

MKEgal, I had no idea that you visited South Ogden UTAH and were at the Walmart there. Next time you are in Utah, look me up and if you do not already have one, I will give you the course for a Utah "permission slip" (Utah Concealed Firearm Permit).

(If you have been following my posts in Wisconsin Carry, you know that I am an ex-Wisconsinite who now lives in Utah. GO PACKERS. - You can take the boy out of Wisconsin, but you can't take Wisconsin out of the boy.)

Jim

MKEgal

jpm84092 said:
MKEgal, I had no idea that you visited South Ogden UTAH and were at the Walmart there.
Sorry I wasn't very clear back there. I was thinking of something the OP 'should' have said.
No, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been to Utah yet, though I do have one of their permission slips.
But thank you for the offer, & I think I'd like to meet you sometime.

jpm84092

Sorry I wasn't very clear back there. I was thinking of something the OP 'should' have said.
No, to the best of my knowledge I haven't been to Utah yet, though I do have one of their permission slips.
But thank you for the offer, & I think I'd like to meet you sometime.

I have sent you a PM.

cdrhoad

What is this and were do they meet and how often?

Gpaw

Generally about once a month at different times and places... depending on who sets it up. I believe the next one is on june 1st. There is quite a bit more chatter about these things on the Utah concealed carry forum (OC friendly forum).