Thread: SHORT NOTICE: FIRST EVER March 26th Sat. 1PM-3PM. Starbucks Stevens Point

Regular Member Adamantpatriot64's Avatar

SHORT NOTICE: FIRST EVER March 26th Sat. 1PM-3PM. Starbucks Stevens Point

ALLCON;

On Saturday the 26th of March, The very FIRST open carry meet and eat will occur in Stevens Point, WI at Starbucks .

If you can make it great can't wait to meet you. If not, please spread the word to others who might be able to make it from the central Wisconsin area.

SUMMARY:

WHO: OCers, anyone who supports OC, or any one who is curious to meet interesting people.

WHAT: Open Carry meet and eat (mostly coffee/java)

WHEN: Saturday, March 26th 1PM - 3PM

WHERE: Starbucks, Steven Point, WI

101 Division Street
    Stevens Point, WI 54481

WHY: To exercise your right to Open Carry and to meet other OCers.

NOTE: Open carry is encouraged, but not require to attend. Stop on by.

Additional notes:

This starbucks is on private property along with the parking lot it sits in. That being said, the "gun free zone doesn't apply", and as for the university it doesn't have any say there either. Just when it comes to finding parking space, park in the lot there. I don't expect a lot of people to make it, hence short notice, but that being said, If I get 3 people there total it would be a success in my book. This is my first attempt at organizing an event, and it's a bit trial and error.
    Last edited by Adamantpatriot64; 03-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.

I can't make it but I hope you guys have fun.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I wish it wasn't so far away, sounds like fun. I hope everybody has a good time. Carry on and carry proud.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

It sounds fun, but being that Starbucks is anti military, I would have to say if the store was burning down I wouldn't pi$$ on it to help put it out. If you end up doing another OC event someplace else, let me know.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I posted a couple weeks ago about having one at Culvers. As that Starbucks is RIGHT next to a college campus it wouldn't surprise me that you'd get some phone calls there.

Portage County has yet to respond to my request I mailed them 12 months ago or return any of my follow up phone calls regarding their anti-OC county legislation.

I'm not an expert on school zone issues but want to check. Is Starbucks within 1,000' of Pacelli High School and the UWSP??
    Last edited by scm54449; 03-22-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    It sounds fun, but being that Starbucks is anti military, I would have to say if the store was burning down I wouldn't pi$$ on it to help put it out. If you end up doing another OC event someplace else, let me know.
    Not so from everything I've ever heard.

There was this internet hoax:
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/tech...28/detail.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    I'm not an expert on school zone issues but want to check. Is Starbucks within 1,000' of Pacelli High School and the UWSP??
    I would have to say it would be close with Pacelli but probably out of that zone. The UWSP however would be within that zone but I'm not sure if universities fall under that law.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    I would have to say it would be close with Pacelli but probably out of that zone. The UWSP however would be within that zone but I'm not sure if universities fall under that law.
    Wisconsin GFSZ encompasses grades 1-12, the federal GFSZ K-12
    http://law.justia.com/codes/wisconsi...48/948.61.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    If I read the statute correctly it does not apply to universities. Google Map is far from an impeccable source, but it appears Pacelli High School is about 700' away.
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

i will not be able to make it but would like to remind everyone that starbucks would be private property so GFZ would not apply and as long as they have a parking lot the parking lot would be as well...... Just saying

Regular Member Adamantpatriot64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    The Parking lot is private property. It's owned by the owner who owns the little three store strip mall.

I've heard the anti military hoax about Target before as well. No business would ever be stupid enough to be anti military. It would be a death sentence to any business.
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson