• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

School Zones = B.S.

vindicated

How are you guys mapping this? My specific question is, how are you finding out the actual school property lines? Where are you getting your information about schools? The CDOE website?

hgreen

How are you guys mapping this? My specific question is, how are you finding out the actual school property lines? Where are you getting your information about schools? The CDOE website?

CDOE for some basic school location, then county GIS database for parcel lines, through PRA requests, some have the information posted already.

Michigander

Hey Michigander:

How is life on the lower peninsula?

My born-and-raised Yooper wife and I will retire to your deep red state.

BTT:

We have a granny flat with no granny in it right now. You may use it for as long as it takes for you to get arrested and arraigned for violating a Kali GFSZ. After your arraignment, you will need lots of money for legal fees and your record will be tarnished for about 5 years while your case goes to SCOTUS.

snip

PM me if you want to be our lab rat.

I am willing to bet that you won't spend one night in my empty granny flat--you will be arrested that quickly.

I'm not advocating carrying openly in those areas without a license. Nor do I believe you would need to in order to get a case going. First, I believe there are plenty of other people who have already been maliciously prosecuted. Second, law suits over deprevation of rights would be a good way to go and get the ball rolling. And I believe calguns is already working hard on that.

My point was that as an activist it's good to try to take meaningful and effective actions. ******* in the wind is not an effective action. The trouble is that activism is all but banned there, as is demonstrated by the fact that some folks here are asking for a mapped out permission slip for where to carry.

Would I be willing to move to kali and go and do some in your face OCing? Sure! I'll take your little spare house too, just so long as it comes with a shall issue county or city, and a decent job nearby fixing cars. Also has to be norcal, no LA. If that was possible, I'd love to go front off the tyrants who run your government. (I mean it, really I would. I was one of a small handful of people who started OCing in Michigan in the face of brutal and felonious police opposition, it still happens some to this day, and I'm in no way afraid of more)

By the way, the upper peninsula is okay, even has a few wanna be mountains, but it's so cold so constantly, nevermind wet when it's summer, that I can't stand it. Not that any of Michigan is nice, as a matter of fact I think Kentucky is the closest nice state. But at least you will enjoy being in a fairly free state. :)

Last edited:

markm

The UP is cold and the winters are long.

I'm not advocating carrying openly in those areas without a license. Nor do I believe you would need to in order to get a case going. First, I believe there are plenty of other people who have already been maliciously prosecuted. Second, law suits over deprevation of rights would be a good way to go and get the ball rolling. And I believe calguns is already working hard on that.

My point was that as an activist it's good to try to take meaningful and effective actions. ******* in the wind is not an effective action. The trouble is that activism is all but banned there, as is demonstrated by the fact that some folks here are asking for a mapped out permission slip for where to carry.

Would I be willing to move to kali and go and do some in your face OCing? Sure! I'll take your little spare house too, just so long as it comes with a shall issue county or city, and a decent job nearby fixing cars. Also has to be norcal, no LA. If that was possible, I'd love to go front off the tyrants who run your government. (I mean it, really I would. I was one of a small handful of people who started OCing in Michigan in the face of brutal and felonious police opposition, it still happens some to this day, and I'm in no way afraid of more)

By the way, the upper peninsula is okay, even has a few wanna be mountains, but it's so cold so constantly, nevermind wet when it's summer, that I can't stand it. Not that any of Michigan is nice, as a matter of fact I think Kentucky is the closest nice state. But at least you will enjoy being in a fairly free state. :)

Hey Michigander,

You are right about the UP being cold and wet. My wife and I will be based out of L'Anse, but won't spend spring or late fall in the UP. Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Arizona will be our winter safety valves. The dead of winter in Baraga County is a blast, with the ice fishing on Lake Superior and snow machining being fun past times.

BTT:

It is a tough call. Even a lawsuit not related to an arrest is difficult. I am a work'n'man. I am not rich. Most of us involved on this site are working folk. We don't have deep pockets to fund legal fees/costs. I would love to be involved in a land-mark case, but don't have the disposable assets.

markm