Thread: I grew up in NH and have a Non-OC question re: out-of-State reciprocity CC...

I grew up in NH and have a Non-OC question re: out-of-State reciprocity CC...

Hey everyone. Short and sweet; I grew up in NH and left for about a dozen other States over the last 20 years. Currently in NC which is Open Carry friendly (love it), but I do CC in certain areas in NC (prudent). NC and NH have a reciprocity agreement and I am thinking about coming back to NH to visit and help my parents move to NC.

Not really finding a great 1, 2, 3 answer on reciprocity concealed carry in NH.

So my question;

1. Can you guys point me towards a great source for a reciprocity out-of-State concealed carry?

2. Can I conceal my loaded/chambered Glock in my car with my NC CHP (Conceal Handgun Permit)?

3. If so, do I have the duty to inform the LEO if pulled over?

I see OCing, a firearm can't be loaded or even within reach???...but you can holster upon getting out of a car - strange. Fortunately, it's not like this in NC.

Thanks in advance
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

1. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

2. Yes, the same as if it were an NH permit.

3. No duty to inform law (yet, hopefully never).

If NC respects our license, we respect theirs.

I believe you do not need to inform them if pulled over. I've never mentioned it, but usually they can see my pistol on my seat, or the pro-gun bumper stickers/license plates..... never been a problem....

Thanks guys. Good information and a good deal, at least on the CC side. I will certainly open carry when able.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    Thomas Jefferson

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by ldsgeek View Post
    1. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

2. Yes, the same as if it were an NH permit.

3. No duty to inform law (yet, hopefully never).
    I prefer http://www.handgunlaw.us/ specifically http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/newhampshire.pdf
    but to each his own...
    Last edited by DrTodd; 04-02-2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.