• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Like to contribute to a news story about OC in Eastern Idaho?

reporterguy

Hi everyone,
I'm a news reporter in Eastern Idaho. As you all well know, Idaho preserves strong open carry rights, but I don't think it is particularly well known among many people in the state. It's pretty rare for me to see someone carrying openly, but whenever I do I'm fascinated and curious if they often run into problems in their day-to-day.
Anyway, I'm planning on doing a news story on the people who open carry and common misconceptions people have. If you live in Eastern Idaho (or even better, in Pocatello) I'd really like to do a quick interview with you, and maybe follow you around for part of a day. You up for it?

clarkebar

Eastern Idaho

You should stop by Boise, there are quite a few of us, myself included, who would be more than happy to participate in what you're asking. In fact, one of the local open carriers is a partial owner in a newly opened restaurant called "Wild Bill's Barbecue." I'm certain he'd like the publicity.

Zhukov

Coming from a hostile state like California, and even reading 90% of the drivel that is claimed to be "journalism" from the media around here when it comes to guns, it's hard to believe you're wanting to do a positive piece. I'm a little jaded.

I've seen many reporters attempt to bait out 2nd Amendment Proponents and Open Carriers and then when you read the article there is a heavily negative tilt to it.

I hope you truly are trying to just shed light on the issue, without some negative bias that is common in the media.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hi everyone,
I'm a news reporter in Eastern Idaho. As you all well know, Idaho preserves strong open carry rights, but I don't think it is particularly well known among many people in the state. It's pretty rare for me to see someone carrying openly, but whenever I do I'm fascinated and curious if they often run into problems in their day-to-day.
Anyway, I'm planning on doing a news story on the people who open carry and common misconceptions people have. If you live in Eastern Idaho (or even better, in Pocatello) I'd really like to do a quick interview with you, and maybe follow you around for part of a day. You up for it?

Properly credential reporters generally supply some background information on themselves such as by whom they are employed and contact information - something that can be confirmed and verified. A sample of your work is always appreciated too.

Meet us at least halfway and share something of yourself. I have done a lot of these interviews and can assure you that I never go in blind.

reporterguy

Properly credential reporters generally supply some background information on themselves such as by whom they are employed and contact information - something that can be confirmed and verified. A sample of your work is always appreciated too.

Meet us at least halfway and share something of yourself. I have done a lot of these interviews and can assure you that I never go in blind.

Of course, I work for KIFI Local News 8 based out of Idaho Falls. Feel free to contact me at jtaylor@localnews8.com.

And just look for anything by Jake Taylor on localnews8.com if you'd like to see some of my work.