Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Gathering?

Open Carry Gathering?

Aloha, I'll be in Colorado Springs the week of 28th, through the 1st of Apr. Was wondering if anyone is interested in getting together for coffee, or dinner in the area. Will be up at the Marriott on Tech Center Dr, just North of the Springs. I am familiar with the area, but not O/C friendly places to eat, drink, gather. Would like to meet adn talk guns, and legislation. Sorry about Constitutional carry, was hoping you guys would help pave the way for us in VA.
    The Second Amendment is in place
    in case the politicians ignore the others

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

Maybe Cracker Barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dawg View Post
    Aloha, I'll be in Colorado Springs the week of 28th, through the 1st of Apr. Was wondering if anyone is interested in getting together for coffee, or dinner in the area. Will be up at the Marriott on Tech Center Dr, just North of the Springs. I am familiar with the area, but not O/C friendly places to eat, drink, gather. Would like to meet adn talk guns, and legislation. Sorry about Constitutional carry, was hoping you guys would help pave the way for us in VA.

Maybe Cracker Barrel?
    After you Virginia boys took such good care of my brother and got him kicked out of Cracker Barrel there, I might just come down from Denver to see if I can't do the same for you since you're here.
    Lemme look over my schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    After you Virginia boys took such good care of my brother and got him kicked out of Cracker Barrel there,
    There's a story intro if I've ever heard one.

Quote Originally Posted by mahkagari View Post
    There's a story intro if I've ever heard one.
    well, it went a little something like this...
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...er-VCDL)/page3

about half way down the page

That is the reason I said CB. Meant to hit a smiley, but posted instead in my haste.

Yep, I got it. It sounds like fun. I posted the Virginia link for any others here who don't make it to that board. It's been awhile since i got kicked out of someplace...far too long. hehehe

Yep, I got it. It sounds like fun. I posted the Virginia link for any others here who don't make it to that board. It's been awhile since i got kicked out of someplace...far too long. hehehe
    Personally, I like supporting mom and pop places that will support people RKBA. I won't make the Springs gathering, but just my 2 cents.

another recent Cracker Barrel thread

Ah, yes, the notorious Cracker Barrel... http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...lert-long.html

That forum has an open-carry subforum, but the thread was posted in their concealed-carry sub, so the OP takes some flak about why not concealed, etc. I have seen other CB threads at OCDO too, possibly in either the New Mexico or Arizona subforums.
    Last edited by Anubis; 03-24-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...lert-long.html

That forum has an open-carry subforum
    Defenselesscarry.com now has an OC forum. WOW, just wow. That is the only message board I have ever been banned from in 20+ years, starting with BBSs back in the late 80s. And it was just for MENTIONING wanting to OC.

I might be down for a get together.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    New guys here. I live in the springs and CC, but I would love to meet up with some folks, I suppose I could just tuck my shirt in to make it OC

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Ah, yes, the notorious Cracker Barrel...
    I've arranged a couple of OC's here in the Springs, one of which was at the Cracker Barrel. We didn't have a problem, and neither did I the next two times I OC'd there alone or with a small group of friends/family.

However, I've done the last three OC meets here in the Springs, so it's someone else's turn to organize. Pick a date, time, long enough out, but not too far (three to five weeks hence) and a place PLEASE don't skimp on the details! There's nothing worse than "Sat afternoon at McDonalds." Really? What time, WHICH of the 26 McDonalds that happen to be at town? (rolls eyes)

I'd suggest, but It's time someone else step up to the plate! Come on, guys - don't be shy - just do it!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Okay, i'm coming in from out of town. It will be at Hooters, 7285 COMMERCE CENTER DR COLO SPRINGS,CO 80918 Wednesday. Say 1830. 6:30 pm for the non military types.

If this is a non O/C friendly place let me know. Will try and check tomorrow before I fly out. I'll be there, like to meet "some out of town buddies".

Okay, i'm coming in from out of town. It will be at Hooters, 7285 COMMERCE CENTER DR COLO SPRINGS,CO 80918 Wednesday. Say 1830. 6:30 pm for the non military types.
    That would make it Wednesday the 30th. for those not following the first post, correct?
    Far as I know they are friendly. If not we find out the fun way.
    Wed should also be all you can eat wing night.

I have class untill 6:15 in Denver. I could make it at bout 7:30.

Terrific! But which Wednesday? Details are important...

That would make it Wednesday the 30th. for those not following the first post, correct?
    Far as I know they are friendly. If not we find out the fun way.
    Wed should also be all you can eat wing night.
    I can make it, but that may be a bit short notice for others to make plans.

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    We should stick to the weekends. Do that and I can make it.
    Nope, sorry, but Red Dawg was the first to post with at least something. A day of the week and location is better than nothing!

When is it, Red Dawg? This Wednesday? Next would give more folks an opportunity to catch this thread... Perhaps two weeks from now? Just a thought.
    Last edited by since9; 03-28-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by ooghost1oo View Post
    We should stick to the weekends. Do that and I can make it.
    I have to agree. Breakfast on the weekdays I won't be able to make cause of work. I could make dinner on weekdays or anything on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I have to agree. Breakfast on the weekdays I won't be able to make cause of work. I could make dinner on weekdays or anything on weekends.
    Luckily we are talking about dinner on a weekday.

So, Red I dunno how this is working out, but I'll ride on down after class if you'll still be there.
    Hopefully I see you bout 7:30.

Okay, looks like a couple/few can make it. Wednesday, March 30th Hooters, Address above. I will be there around 6:30, I'll be there for a good while enjoying the wings. I will definitely be there long after 7:30 for the gent coming after class.
    I'll ask for a table for 6-8. We can expand from there if needed.

Sorry for lack of better info through all this I am visiting from VA, and only access the computer in the lobby once in awhile.

Hope to see ya'll there. I'll be the guy with the gun on his hip. HEHE...

You should add the address to your first post.

geez no wonder we are having issues passing legislation.

Commerce drive Hooters. Sorry. I'm visiting from Virginia Beach, tomorrow, 30th, I'll be there after 6:15, and pln on eating wings, and talking to who ever shows up. We're in this together, and I would love to meet and talk to my Colorado brethern. VA and CO are next on Constitutional carry. I hope. CO are our mentors.....Your are furhter along then us. But, we are all in this together. Please, don't let my lack of details deter us from learning from each other...

I might make it. I have to tow a car and do a few things around the farm first, but it is a very tentative yes for me tonight. If I do, hope to see everyone, if I don't, hope you all have a great time.

So, how were the wings? Anyone get oysters?

Your Tax Dollars... at rest

Maybe Cracker Barrel?
    -Best time I've had getting kicked out of a place yet. My brother, JamesB, said, "You might have a good time if you OC the Beretta40 at Cracker Barrel Saturday." He was right- it was a good time. I was patient zero, I was the first asked to leave. It was a great introduction.
    -This weekend they go to RiverCityDiner, but I must be on the NavyBase for drill this weekend (and the next two weeks, if my orders are approved and the Fed doesn't declare bankruptcy).
    -I'll have to see where they meet next weekend.
    N.J.B.H. USN

Red Dawg, do you have a group meeting in the beach? Here in Richmond it's every Saturday "breakfast-till-lunch" at a location to be announced.
    -------
    "A REPUBLIC IF YOU CAN KEEP IT." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast