• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Gathering?

Red Dawg

geez no wonder we are having issues passing legislation.

Commerce drive Hooters. Sorry. I'm visiting from Virginia Beach, tomorrow, 30th, I'll be there after 6:15, and pln on eating wings, and talking to who ever shows up. We're in this together, and I would love to meet and talk to my Colorado brethern. VA and CO are next on Constitutional carry. I hope. CO are our mentors.....Your are furhter along then us. But, we are all in this together. Please, don't let my lack of details deter us from learning from each other...

ZackL

I might make it. I have to tow a car and do a few things around the farm first, but it is a very tentative yes for me tonight. If I do, hope to see everyone, if I don't, hope you all have a great time.

MarK19

Your Tax Dollars... at rest

Maybe Cracker Barrel?
-Best time I've had getting kicked out of a place yet. My brother, JamesB, said, "You might have a good time if you OC the Beretta40 at Cracker Barrel Saturday." He was right- it was a good time. I was patient zero, I was the first asked to leave. It was a great introduction.
-This weekend they go to RiverCityDiner, but I must be on the NavyBase for drill this weekend (and the next two weeks, if my orders are approved and the Fed doesn't declare bankruptcy).
-I'll have to see where they meet next weekend.
N.J.B.H. USN

Red Dawg, do you have a group meeting in the beach? Here in Richmond it's every Saturday "breakfast-till-lunch" at a location to be announced.
-------
"A REPUBLIC IF YOU CAN KEEP IT." Benjamin Franklin

mahkagari

That's three times more than if it had been just you, right? One more friend is one more friend. Two doubly so.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Nice lead time, guys. Yeah, I missed it! I asked for a week or two heads up and you give what? Two days? :banghead:

I'll bet a lot of others here in Colorado missed it, too. Next time, how about two to three weeks lead time, instead of two to three days?

It's called "common courtesy."

I am happy for those who were able to make it on such short notice, and glad you had fun.

mahkagari

I am happy for those who were able to make it on such short notice, and glad you had fun.

^I'm sure the rest of the post besides the above was hacked in by someone malicious out to make Since9 look bad. Surely, he wouldn't be so boorish as to diss the person who took the initiative to organize a gathering which is more than others have done lately. And surely he prefers that events of even a few people with short notice are better than none at all.

Red Dawg

Since:
Not that I really need to defend myself, but will anyway. I asked about it weeks earlier in the State forum. Came to the point that I was told, "if ya wanna do it then plan it, they will come". I was only a visitor to your wonderful state, and wanted to meet a few of ya. I am genuinely sorry I didn't get to meet more of you, and that it was short notice. Maybe Hooters wasn't the best place, and wasn't as convenient as other places, but as a whole, I find them pretty friendly in all aspects, and it was close to the Hotel I was staying at. I will keep reading and will try to met more next time.
I can say 100% of the guys I did meet were retty good fellers...:)

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
^I'm sure the rest of the post besides the above was hacked in by someone malicious out to make Since9 look bad. Surely, he wouldn't be so boorish as to diss the person who took the initiative to organize a gathering which is more than others have done lately. And surely he prefers that events of even a few people with short notice are better than none at all.

I have to agree since, that post was in pretty bad taste.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Since:
Not that I really need to defend myself, but will anyway. I asked about it weeks earlier in the State forum. Came to the point that I was told, "if ya wanna do it then plan it, they will come". I was only a visitor to your wonderful state, and wanted to meet a few of ya. I am genuinely sorry I didn't get to meet more of you, and that it was short notice.

My bad - I wasn't aware of the time constraints surrounding your visitation. I thought you were a newbie local.

My apologies, Sir! I hope I haven't discouraged you in any way.