• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone represented by Representative Mursau?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I received this from a legislative aid to Representative Nass.

Hi Paul,

Rep. Mursau has contacted our Republican Caucus and informed us that he will be authoring the Concealed Carry Bill. I will send the language of the bill to you once it is drafted and sent around for co-sponsorship. I am not sure how long it will be in the Legislative Reference Bureau queue to be drafted, but I will keep you informed of the timeline and when it will be sent to committee and the floor.

We need to make sure he has 'our' suggested legislation.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I believe protias is in Mursau's district. If so we can rest assured he's been contacted.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ed-right-now&p=1477965&viewfull=1#post1477965

I am pretty sure that Protias sent that email as a non-constituent. Musau is from north of Green Bay and protias live is Susex or at least down here is SE WI.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/W3ASP/contact/legislatorpages.aspx?house=Assembly&district=36

I just sent this to Mursau:

Representative Mursau,

My Representative, Stephen Nass mentioned that you will be the one spearheading the work on the concealed carry bill in the assembly.

I have attached some suggested legislation that various members of OpenCarry.org, a website dedicated to the furtherance of open carry right, put together.

Several states, AZ, AK, WY and VT have in place something called Constitutional Carry. What that means is the only 'permission' one needs to openly or conceal carry a firearm is what is written in the state Constitution. WI has a good Constitution when it comes to our rights. Article 1, Section 25.

VT has never issued permits, as far as I can see. AK has stopped making them required over 20 years ago. AZ just went to an optional permit system just over a year ago and WY did it just this year.

This map shows the states that either have Constitutional Carry (green) or are considering it this year (yellow).

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/14/constitutional-carry-moving-forward-across-usa/

Let's turn WI yellow!

In this time of budget issues and the goal of making government smaller, it would make no sense to create a bureaucracy to issue permits. As you well know, permits and their fees are a favorite target of tax and spend administrations. There is no guarantee that a future administration, with just one line in a budget bill, won't increase the fee from something we might consider 'reasonable' today to something that makes it out of reach to the average citizen.

As for reciprocity, the legislation working it's way through the US Congress is written so that states such as VT and hopefully WI, that don't issue permits, would have automatic reciprocity for any of its citizens who can legally carry in their home state.

I appreciate your willingness to take this on. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need additional clarification.

--
Paul L Fisher

It would probably have a stronger effect if it came from someone in his district.

I just received this canned response:

Thank you for your Email. I appreciate hearing from you.

Please check a copy of your email to me if you are unsure if you included your contact information including all of the following:

Your mailing address (home for individuals, business for organizations)
Your phone number including area code (home for individuals, business for organizations)

Emails without this information either included, or followed up with, will be deleted weekly without response other than this automatic reply.

Representative Jeff Mursau
Wisconsin State Assembly - 36th District
Assembly Committee on Natural Resources, Chair
Assembly Committee on Forestry, Chair
Assembly Committee on Agriculture, Member
Special Committee on State-Tribal Relations, Chair
PO Box 8952
Madison, WI 53708-8952
(608) 266-3780 (phone)
(608) 282-3636 (fax)
Rep.Mursau@legis.wi.gov
http://mursau.assembly.wisconsin.gov