• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 517 in House Judiciary Committee 3/24/2011 8am

skk123

Who was that clown that came up before Marian Hammer from the NRA, totally unprofessional, just emotional screaming and then just walks off not allowing any questions.

DEA HEAT

Who was that clown that came up before Marian Hammer from the NRA, totally unprofessional, just emotional screaming and then just walks off not allowing any questions.

I saw that i swear they were going to throw him out!

Last edited:

DEA HEAT

oh man he's speaking again...

they were laughing at him lol, his name is Mr.Pitts

Last edited:

nigmalg

It was TP'd again?? man I'm getting nervous. This and the delays for SB234 are making me uneasy.

I'm so confused... debating again.

Last edited:

nigmalg

He was against it. In his words

One of the representatives mentioned how the bill didn't prohibit carrying the weapon "In your hand". I thought carrying the weapon in a threatening method was already illegal? Waving it around and such is already banned.

She was corrected. How much to bet they still still votes "Nay" even though her worry was addressed? It's such a party line game.

Last edited:

Kingfish

My freaking internet wouldn't play it but for a few seconds at a time, and I couldn't stand those LEO pukes trashing freedom. It was TP'd, right?
Apparently it was TP's and then brought right back up. Only TP's for a few minutes.

I caught the very end where the author was doing his closing. They then took a vote and recommended the bill.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Did the "handguns only" amendment stick?

Not that it matters a whole lot... I just find their 'worries,' and the ridiculous and unrelated crap they do as a result of those 'worries' to be entertaining.

Rich7553

Did the "handguns only" amendment stick?

Not that it matters a whole lot... I just find their 'worries,' and the ridiculous and unrelated crap they do as a result of those 'worries' to be entertaining.

Yes, the handguns only amendment is in there. Neither Florida Carry nor NRA had any objection to it, as it is there solely to placate the neurotic and would only affect a tiny fraction of carriers. In fact, Florida Carry requests only openly carried handguns at our OC fishing events so as not to unduly alarm the sheeple.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yes, the handguns only amendment is in there. Neither Florida Carry nor NRA had any objection to it, as it is there solely to placate the neurotic and would only affect a tiny fraction of carriers. In fact, Florida Carry requests only openly carried handguns at our OC fishing events so as not to unduly alarm the sheeple.

I largely agree. Even a Minimum Length Carbine cannot be carried in a practical 'holstered' manner.

I'm only concerned that an Officer can pretend not to know the difference. It has been seen before, where a giant revolver or some more unconventional pistols (such as mine) have been falsely referred to as a rifle just for the sake of screwing with people.

It's just another loophole to give them qualified immunity for a willfully and knowingly executed false arrest...

"No adequate firearms allowed. And we'll pretend your gun is on the 'prohibited' guns list even if it isn't."

If this is what passes, I won't bother getting my permit. Useless, feel-good legislation. Back to plan A: Get out of this cesspool excuse for a State. And I most certainly will pause to make sure I can rub my butt on the door as I leave.

As I originally predicted, those making the calls here have no interest in making OC a Right for all, but a Privilege of the Only Ones. Even if I were rich, I refuse to be an Only One. I'm better than that.

Last edited:

Rick H

When did these bills get amended whereas to go into law upon signed into law? And does this mean that if Gov.Scott was to sign it in, lets say April or My it would in fact become law at that point or would we still have to wait until July 1?