Thread: Perspective and Organized

Perspective and Organized

I assume we have heard about these folks?

It is interesting how they present the same information that we do, but in an entirely different perspective.

http://www.lcav.org/about/index.asp

They also seem to quote a lot of case law...
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

I have not heard of them but their statements and beliefs simply boggle my mind.

They seem worse than any of the others to me. They want ammo serialization, firearm micro stamping, an assault weapons ban, a prohibition on conceal carry.....the list goes on and on.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

They've been around. Used a different name in the past.

"the Firearms Law Center, a project name that LCAV ceased using as of June 30, 2004."

Since their site appears to be new this year, I wonder if they used another name in the interim years.

Appear to be just another "special interest group" against guns.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

It doesn't matter how well organized "crap" is. It's still just "crap"!
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    They are under an umbrella of organizations we generally refer to as The Brady Bunch or Bloomy's Minions.

See a few of their links and make your own connections:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Organized Activists

Nothing in the website appears to be new information.

The contact information posted on the website is a San Fransisco address, while the domain registration is private. Website Admin contact is listed as Sam Hoover in Drums PA.

You can check out Sam Hoover on LinkedIn.

Or perhaps Sam Hoover on spokeo.

I sent an email to the webmaster requesting an email newsletter and received an automated reply. From the response I received and subsequent internet search, the group appears organized and believes in the work they are doing.

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney View Post
    the group appears organized and believes in the work they are doing.

~Whitney
    So's the Westboro Baptist Church. Just because they're organized and believe in what they're doing doesn't make the message any more palatable.

Just remember that the very First Amendment to the Constitution guaranteed there right to espouse their views. Nowhere in the Constitution or its amendments is there the requirement that any of us listen to it or give it any credence.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Why does the name change? It sounds like a sound byt from Dragnet. " The name s have been changed to protect the innocent. I love it

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Why does the name change? It sounds like a sound byt from Dragnet. " The name s have been changed to protect the innocent. I love it
    I think in this case the name has been changed to protect the guilty......
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think in this case the name has been changed to protect the guilty......
    Or the old name wasn't getting any attention.

Same content, different title. I wonder how much the page in the OP and the Brady Campaign pages refer to each other for cites. I'll eventually take the time to sit down and (while holding back a wall of vomit) look at the two sites, but not now. I'd REALLY get a kick out of it if they actually referenced each other, or if they were part of a small group of sites that only referenced each other, though! It would be like writing two of the same papers for a class, and their works cited pages just refer to the other paper, like this:

Citations from paper A:

• Page 2, paper B
    • Page 7, paper B
    • Page 24, Paper B

Citations from Paper B:

• Page 5, paper A
    • Page 13, paper A
    • Page 38, paper A

Ah, but I ramble.

The site is polished ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .45ACPaddy View Post
    Same content, different title. I wonder how much the page in the OP and the Brady Campaign pages refer to each other for cites. I'll eventually take the time to sit down and (while holding back a wall of vomit) look at the two sites, but not now. I'd REALLY get a kick out of it if they actually referenced each other, or if they were part of a small group of sites that only referenced each other, though! It would be like writing two of the same papers for a class, and their works cited pages just refer to the other paper, like this:

Citations from paper A:

• Page 2, paper B
    • Page 7, paper B
    • Page 24, Paper B

Citations from Paper B:

• Page 5, paper A
    • Page 13, paper A
    • Page 38, paper A

Ah, but I ramble.

The site is polished ****.
    You flatter them too much.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.