• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perspective and Organized

joeroket

I have not heard of them but their statements and beliefs simply boggle my mind.

They seem worse than any of the others to me. They want ammo serialization, firearm micro stamping, an assault weapons ban, a prohibition on conceal carry.....the list goes on and on.

amlevin

They've been around. Used a different name in the past.

"the Firearms Law Center, a project name that LCAV ceased using as of June 30, 2004."

Since their site appears to be new this year, I wonder if they used another name in the interim years.

Appear to be just another "special interest group" against guns.

Whitney

Organized Activists

Nothing in the website appears to be new information.

The contact information posted on the website is a San Fransisco address, while the domain registration is private. Website Admin contact is listed as Sam Hoover in Drums PA.

You can check out Sam Hoover on LinkedIn.

Or perhaps Sam Hoover on spokeo.

I sent an email to the webmaster requesting an email newsletter and received an automated reply. From the response I received and subsequent internet search, the group appears organized and believes in the work they are doing.

~Whitney

amlevin

the group appears organized and believes in the work they are doing.

~Whitney

So's the Westboro Baptist Church. Just because they're organized and believe in what they're doing doesn't make the message any more palatable.

Just remember that the very First Amendment to the Constitution guaranteed there right to espouse their views. Nowhere in the Constitution or its amendments is there the requirement that any of us listen to it or give it any credence.

.45ACPaddy

Same content, different title. I wonder how much the page in the OP and the Brady Campaign pages refer to each other for cites. I'll eventually take the time to sit down and (while holding back a wall of vomit) look at the two sites, but not now. I'd REALLY get a kick out of it if they actually referenced each other, or if they were part of a small group of sites that only referenced each other, though! It would be like writing two of the same papers for a class, and their works cited pages just refer to the other paper, like this:

Citations from paper A:

• Page 2, paper B
  • Page 7, paper B
  • Page 24, Paper B
Citations from Paper B:

• Page 5, paper A
  • Page 13, paper A
  • Page 38, paper A
Ah, but I ramble.

The site is polished turd.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Same content, different title. I wonder how much the page in the OP and the Brady Campaign pages refer to each other for cites. I'll eventually take the time to sit down and (while holding back a wall of vomit) look at the two sites, but not now. I'd REALLY get a kick out of it if they actually referenced each other, or if they were part of a small group of sites that only referenced each other, though! It would be like writing two of the same papers for a class, and their works cited pages just refer to the other paper, like this:

Citations from paper A:

• Page 2, paper B
  • Page 7, paper B
  • Page 24, Paper B
Citations from Paper B:

• Page 5, paper A
  • Page 13, paper A
  • Page 38, paper A
Ah, but I ramble.

The site is polished turd.

You flatter them too much.