• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My neighborhood bill goes to commitee tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC_Biggs

since you guys are probably the only people that i know for a fact will help, i ask for you to call your reps and ask them to support HB196 in the government committed tommorow. if your rep is on this list, please give them a call!!

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascrip...iewCommittee&sActionDetails=House+Standing_32
http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2011&BillID=H196

This bill would de-annex my neighborhood and knock almost 1000 dollars off my annual tax dues. at the time all this happned 3 out of 301 families supported annexation. that it def not a majority. and we need all the help we can get to over turn it. the city of goldsboro has done NOTHING for us to warrant the extra taxes. the put up street lights and also increased our garbage fees (which they have a monopoly on) and are also trying to make each home fork over an average of 7500 dollars for sewer installation.. its a complete racket.. Thanks for your support!!

Smith45acp

at the time all this happned 3 out of 301 families supported annexation

Wait since when does ~1% not speak for the whole?!

...........--Moderator Response--

These is beyond the purpose and scope of OCDO - not remotely connected to RKBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.