• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WEIRDNESS IN WISCONSIN by Massad Ayoob....CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

Scroll down a bit on the page to the "Weirdness In Wisconsin" article he wrote. Oh, please, someone send this to Bender and all those others who demand we get permits and forced training.

Now here is a real police veteran, trainer, legal expert, etc.... saying we should have "Constitutional Carry" in Wisconsin.

CalicoJack10

That is a good article. But the sad truth is that sending it to people like bender would just fall on deaf ears. It is always an uphill battle to get the rights that are supposed to be "God Given". We just need to stay on point, fight for our rights, and never give up until we get our rights.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Good for Ayoob.

Edit: This gif is kind of cool, minus the fact that it seems to imply "right to carry" = permitted carry.

rtc.gif

Last edited:

phred

That is a good article. But the sad truth is that sending it to people like bender would just fall on deaf ears. It is always an uphill battle to get the rights that are supposed to be "God Given". We just need to stay on point, fight for our rights, and never give up until we get our rights.

Oh, he was only the first on a long list of people who are going to get this.

CalicoJack10

Oh, he was only the first on a long list of people who are going to get this.

Works for me. I just think he will take it as a personal attack or start talking about the "Difference of opinion" in a way that will imply that Massad is somehow confused or less of an instructor for his beliefs.

But that's just my opinion.:dude:

protias

Your wish is my command.

Huh? :banghead:

Perhaps he should write more clearly. What is revenue neutral? :confused:

Edit: Yes, I really do know what he means, but he shouldn't hide what he means. Say explicitly what you have to say! Have some testicular fortitude to stand up for what you truly believe in!

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Lol, that is politician for "I am wondering how much I am gonna make off this bill".

Good to know that when it comes to our rights and freedoms there are still those whose primary concern is making money off the insecurities and fears of others. Makes me proud to know there is someone else like that so the rest of us can focus on what really matters.

1FASTC4

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

Scroll down a bit on the page to the "Weirdness In Wisconsin" article he wrote. Oh, please, someone send this to Bender and all those others who demand we get permits and forced training.

Now here is a real police veteran, trainer, legal expert, etc.... saying we should have "Constitutional Carry" in Wisconsin.
He makes good points. Thanks for posting this.

LR Yote 312

Your wish is my command.

Thanks. I came across this earlier today. I suspect a carry bill will be revenue neutral as it is in other states.

Huh? :banghead:

Politispeak for "Politely F+uck Off"....With wording like his we better be careful to make sure he dont run for office.

Either there is revenue or there aint...Revenue is anything but neutral.

I dont care how Bender says it... Its still a Tax !!!

LR Yote

Last edited:

phred

Thanks. I came across this earlier today. I suspect a carry bill will be revenue neutral as it is in other states.

Come to think of it, Constitutional Carry is "revenue neutral". I don't spend any money for permits/training, the state doesn't spend any money for permits/training. All is right with the world.
Of course, the state doesn't get any income either. Nor do I for being part of an armed citizenry, which we all know is a great crime deterrent. Win win for all except the BGs.

Last edited:

FTG-05

Good for Ayoob.

Edit: This gif is kind of cool, minus the fact that it seems to imply "right to carry" = permitted carry.

rtc.gif

Alabama isn't a "shall issue" state and hasn't been for quite some time.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Sent this to my representatives (Nass and Kedzie) as well as Rep August and Mursau:

Massad Ayoob is a nationally recognized expert on concealed carry. He writes specifically about WI.

The graphic at the bottom of the article is a very good depiction of the spread of freedom in the country.

Here is the salient point:

"Gun owners’ civil rights activists have a brilliant answer: simply pass permitless carry. Called “Constitutional carry” by some, such a law allows any law-abiding citizen with a clean criminal record to carry loaded and concealed in public. It will entail only a cost-free vote and a stroke of the Governor’s pen. That model has worked for Vermont for as long as any living citizen can remember, and every year Vermont is one of our lowest crime states per capita, some years THE lowest. It has worked for years in Alaska. It is working in Arizona, and will undoubtedly work in Wyoming, which just became the fourth state to pass permitless carry.
It will work in Wisconsin. It would be a brilliant stroke that would cut the Gordian Knot, at least on this issue, for an entangled Wisconsin legislature."

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2011/03/05/weirdness-in-wisconsin/

Please don't impose another tax (fee) on us freedom loving folks.

--
Paul L Fisher