Thread: The Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011

The Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011

Bill introduced by New York Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer would prohibit the possession of firearms by those arrested for, but not convicted of, drug crimes.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/03/23/ne...#ixzz1HUExlUfS
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Banned
    Just one more reason to re-legalise weed.

How about one more reason to have an amendment in the Constitution of The United States, that protected The Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Then all gun control laws would be illegal, and lawmakers couldn't make gun-control laws.

Oh wait...
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran
    I am going to have nightmares now knowing the Brady campaign and I agree on something. It is amazing how fast members of the Legislature forget this country's greatest assets, such as "Innocent until proven guilty" and um, whats that thing, oh yea, the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmeyers View Post
    How about one more reason to have an amendment in the Constitution of The United States, that protected The Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Then all gun control laws would be illegal, and lawmakers couldn't make gun-control laws.
    Thats a great idea. How do we get one of those amendment you speak of?

Everyone who OC's should be prepared to be arrested for a Drug Crime if this passes. Even if you have nothing and have never had anything, the police state could use this to prevent you from owning guns.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Banned
    I really dont see this passing.

I don't see this passing. If it does, courts would rule it unconstitutional within weeks.

One more reason to not do drugs.

Forget the D.A.R.E. program, the R.K.B.A. program is more effective.

I do, however, see your point on it being unconstitutional. I doubt it'd pass.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Banned
    If guns became illegal, the best, easiest, safest, and most reliable place to get them would be from people connected to the drug culture.

Sooooooo. Let me get this straight. Accused(and actually arrested) druggies should be allowed to own guns, but not those that are simply suspected of possibly maybe having ties to someone that might be somehow affiliated with a terrorist organization?

Banned
    Anyone who can be trusted to walk as a free man should be able to own and carry a gun. Shall not be infringed, plain and simple. If you're too dangerous to be allowed to own a gun, then you're too dangerous to be out among the public.

Someone needs to start digging into Mr. Schumer's life. Surely there are some unsavory skeletons somewhere in his past that can be trotted out to discredit, embarrass, or even indict him for SOMETHING...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

schumer is one of the two biggest pos in the Senate. The other is Hanoi john kerry, a traitor who should still be in Federal Prison. That the democraps nominated him for president says it best about their party.