• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Fix Gun Checks Act of 2011

eastmeyers

How about one more reason to have an amendment in the Constitution of The United States, that protected The Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Then all gun control laws would be illegal, and lawmakers couldn't make gun-control laws.

Oh wait...

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
I am going to have nightmares now knowing the Brady campaign and I agree on something. It is amazing how fast members of the Legislature forget this country's greatest assets, such as "Innocent until proven guilty" and um, whats that thing, oh yea, the Constitution.

WilDChilD

How about one more reason to have an amendment in the Constitution of The United States, that protected The Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Then all gun control laws would be illegal, and lawmakers couldn't make gun-control laws.

Thats a great idea. How do we get one of those amendment you speak of?

TheQ

Everyone who OC's should be prepared to be arrested for a Drug Crime if this passes. Even if you have nothing and have never had anything, the police state could use this to prevent you from owning guns.

kubel

I don't see this passing. If it does, courts would rule it unconstitutional within weeks.

malignity

One more reason to not do drugs.

Forget the D.A.R.E. program, the R.K.B.A. program is more effective. :dude:

I do, however, see your point on it being unconstitutional. I doubt it'd pass.

Jack House

Sooooooo. Let me get this straight. Accused(and actually arrested) druggies should be allowed to own guns, but not those that are simply suspected of possibly maybe having ties to someone that might be somehow affiliated with a terrorist organization? :rolleyes:

stainless1911

Banned
Anyone who can be trusted to walk as a free man should be able to own and carry a gun. Shall not be infringed, plain and simple. If you're too dangerous to be allowed to own a gun, then you're too dangerous to be out among the public.

Dreamer

Someone needs to start digging into Mr. Schumer's life. Surely there are some unsavory skeletons somewhere in his past that can be trotted out to discredit, embarrass, or even indict him for SOMETHING...

Gunslinger

schumer is one of the two biggest pos in the Senate. The other is Hanoi john kerry, a traitor who should still be in Federal Prison. That the democraps nominated him for president says it best about their party.