• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Across eastern Oregon

Patriot58

For you folks knowledgable about Oregon OC laws. I'll be cutting across the northeastern corner of Oregon next week (I-84 from Idaho up to Tri-Cities). I have CCW/CHP/CPL from AZ, UT, and WA, but realize that Oregon honors none of those. It seems that OC is okay in a car (based on what I read) but I want to clarify what that means in a vehicle, or out of it. IWB okay, if not covered by shirt, or should the gun be on the seat? If I get out at a store to get gas or a soda, will I have an issue?

Any direct answers or links to applicable law are appreciated.