Thread: walking down the street with a rifle

walking down the street with a rifle

is it ilegal to walk down the street in california with a rifle or shotgun to my shoulder???

huh,,,

Quote Originally Posted by jorgegsxr View Post
    is it ilegal to walk down the street in california with a rifle or shotgun to my shoulder???
    nearly two and a half years, here, and 4 posts...
    have you read the stickies?
    did you know that long gun carry is not a topic for this forum?
    would you carry your pistol,,, in your hand, on the street in california?
    the answer to your question, is NO!

thanks for playing...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Provided you are in compliance with 12031, it is generally legal to carry a rifle in public. While it is not the focus of this forum, it has been done and resulted in a police encounter account here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1370012
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

I think a shouldered firearm (I read that as 'at the shoulder in a firing position') is clear PC for arrest via PC 417 (a)(2) unless I could be convinced of an exception.

Detainment at gunpoint, preferably with a longgun, while things are sorted out...

Dude, really. I think Will said it best..."Sometimes people arent ready for the firearm community, Sometimes the firearm community arent ready for the people"

Some here are nitpicky. I'm sure you meant on not to. Having said that, there is a huge difference in meaning between those words.

No.

But carrying long guns is off-topic, and against the rules of this forum. It's the very first forum/topic listed.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    "14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry."

Moderator / Administrator
    Take a look at the petition against AB 144 to ban open carry in much of California - it points out that the bill, if passed, actually forces everybody to carry long guns in public as that would remains the only option left th bear arms in many or most public places.

See http://www.petitiononline.com/CalOCPet/petition.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Take a look at the petition against AB 144 to ban open carry in much of California - it points out that the bill, if passed, actually forces everybody to carry long guns in public as that would remains the only option left th bear arms in many or most public places.

See http://www.petitiononline.com/CalOCPet/petition.html
    SSHHHH!!!!
    IX nay on the gong luns ay. Dont telegraph our hand to the libs. Its still our ace in the hole IF AB144 does pass
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!