Thread: Traveling Across Northeastern Oregon

Traveling Across Northeastern Oregon

For you folks knowledgable about Oregon OC laws. I'll be cutting across the northeastern corner of Oregon next week (I-84 from Idaho up to Tri-Cities). I have CCW/CHP/CPL from AZ, UT, and WA, but realize that Oregon honors none of those. It seems that OC is okay in a car (based on what I read) but I want to clarify what that means in a vehicle, or if I get out of it. IWB okay, if not covered by shirt, or should the gun be on the seat? If I get out at a store to get gas or a soda, will I have an issue?

Any direct answers or links to applicable law are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot58 View Post
    For you folks knowledgable about Oregon OC laws. I'll be cutting across the northeastern corner of Oregon next week (I-84 from Idaho up to Tri-Cities). I have CCW/CHP/CPL from AZ, UT, and WA, but realize that Oregon honors none of those. It seems that OC is okay in a car (based on what I read) but I want to clarify what that means in a vehicle, or if I get out of it. IWB okay, if not covered by shirt, or should the gun be on the seat? If I get out at a store to get gas or a soda, will I have an issue?

Any direct answers or links to applicable law are appreciated.
    when in your vehicle, fully loaded in plain sight is okay, except for banned cities, (see the sticky) everywhere else fully loaded open carry is legal make sure the holster and gun is fully visible, and you can carry anywhere but public buildings and federal buildings courthouses, hospitals, post offices, etc. etc. are off limits.

Stores, gas stations, and pretty much everywhere else is perfectly legal. Just make sure you see the sticky of the banned loaded open carry cities to avoid.

Thanks!