• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your open carrying while waiting in line for your food & this happens...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Situational Awareness for those of you that open carry at eating establishments.( Culvers for example )

This happened recently at a Burger King in Panama City Florida, what would you do when Obama's voting base Riots and your trapped in the middle of it while open carrying ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh_DUO2tFJI

--Moderator Note--
Innuendo regarding races must stop

Last edited:

Pyro01

I'd probably try to withdraw myself from the situation (leave the store) as quickly as I could, whip out my phone and call 911 while trying to keep an eye on the situation through the windows. Now if I someone got out a gun or knife and I noticed this while withdrawing, then I'd probably try to step in to stop the situation because I'd have a guilty conscience if someone died and I could've prevented it. You've seen riot police get overwhelmed in full riot gear when they're surrounded by rioters, I don't want to take that chance especially if someone noticed I had a gun and tried to grab it from me. There are so many different ways this could turn out depending on who's around you and your location in the store.

Vandil

Deploy 500ML of crotch scalding coffee.:shocker:

No one appeared to be in danger of grievous bodily harm. Couple of catty slap\punches and tossed soda. No reason to draw or interfere unless it escalated way beyond what was on the video.

Last edited:

Archangel

Situational Awareness for those of you that open carry at eating establishments.( Culvers for example )

This happened recently at a Burger King in Panama City Florida, what would you do when Obama's voting base Riots and your trapped in the middle of it while open carrying ?

You'd get busted by the po-leeez cause you can't open carry in Florida. Heck you can't even PRINT.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
"Your [sic] open carrying while waiting in line for your food & this happens... "

It would nice to think the chances of this happening when you're open carrying are much smaller. It's called "deterrent effect." Of course there's no guarantee that the deterrent effect will overcome the combined forces of the "unaware there's a man with a gun over there effect" and the "just a stupid person effect."

1FASTC4

I don't allow myself to get in the middle of feral people but if it somehow happened, I'd bug, getting separation. These feral people cannot control themselves as witnessed by the video. Several people joined in the mayhem for no reason beyond that they are feral.

The video bears out that drawing a firearm would have just gotten me arrested.

LR Yote 312

Bravery or Stupidity

My own reasoning is this:

By the time you drove into the parking lot,and got out of your car
you should have seen enough warning signs to tell you that your "On the WRONG side of town".

To further exit your vehicle shows your either very brave or very stupid.

I am inclined to agree with 1FastC4. I dont see any reason to allow yourself to put yourself in that position.

And like Shotgun says
The "stupid other person effect" is too high.

LR Yote

Last edited:

phred

"Where's Herb?"

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce. Special orders don't upset us. All we ask is that you let us serve it your way!"

"Fast food for fast times",

"We do it like you'd do it"

My own reasoning is this:

By the time you drove into the parking lot,and got out of your car
you should have seen enough warning signs to tell you that your "On the WRONG side of town".

To further exit your vehicle shows your either very brave or very stupid.

I am inclined to agree with 1FastC4. I dont see any reason to allow yourself to put yourself in that position.
The "stupid other person effect" is too high.

LR Yote

I have to agree with Yote.

There's gotta be Culver's around there someplace.

Lurchiron

Hmm...Kick myself for leaving the Ma Duece at home; ...you???:confused:

bomber

1. stand up on a chair and film the whole thing with my camera phone.

2. post it on youtube

3. profit???

M

McX

"Where's Herb?"

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce. Special orders don't upset us. All we ask is that you let us serve it your way!"

"Fast food for fast times",

"We do it like you'd do it"

I have to agree with Yote.

There's gotta be Culver's around there someplace.

get your car serviced. exercise your citizen rights. that all we got here.

usamarshal

I thank god I don't live in a third world country...or the ghetto in Florida....haha

I remember I went to a KFC in Detroit...I really really bad area of Detroit...I was on business...and all the seating was removed and there was a plexiglass wall in front of the front desk where they take your order...there were no bathrooms...no nothing...I left immediately and went to Toledo...I think I went to a Bob Evans...:shocker:

usamarshal

I don't allow myself to get in the middle of feral people but if it somehow happened, I'd bug, getting separation. These feral people cannot control themselves as witnessed by the video. Several people joined in the mayhem for no reason beyond that they are feral.

The video bears out that drawing a firearm would have just gotten me arrested.

When you say feral do you mean like an invasive species...like wild hogs for example.