• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Citizens' Arrest

meggers

SeattleWingsfan

I don't know what to say. I thought it was going to be somewhat informative at the begining. But mostly just fluff and now it's permanently out on the internet.

LOL! :shocker:

G20-IWB24/7

I carry a firearm to defend myself, my family, and others I may be with from a violent attack when immediate intervention by law enforcement is not available. NOT to become some sort of a vigilante.

Slippery slope there, indeed.

Johnsmith1521

The only way I would come close to do anything like that, is if there was a immediate threat of life... Meaning me, family, friends, and even some stranger that about to be killed... So at that point it wouldn't be a citizens arrest, it would be "Armed citizen stop and man from killing innocent people" For all other felonies, call 911... The cops will be there to take the report... eventually... :monkey

Lowski

Be sure you do it using one of these so everyone knows you are legit.

435cwp-set.jpg

sudden valley gunner

Depends on the situation. I myself would feel very guilty about letting something happen I could have stopped. I don't believe in having to rely on cops for our protection or for law enforcement and that constitutionally it is or is not our duty to do something about it or not too, it is an individual choice in other words.

Aaron1124

Depends on the situation. I myself would feel very guilty about letting something happen I could have stopped. I don't believe in having to rely on cops for our protection or for law enforcement and that constitutionally it is or is not our duty to do something about it or not too, it is an individual choice in other words.

+1

amzbrady

Be sure you do it using one of these so everyone knows you are legit.

435cwp-set.jpg

If you go out Open Carry with one of these, Please dont forget the recorder. That would make a minimum of a 12 page discussion.

I do however wish we as citizens could have a citation book for everyone we see who doesnt use a turn signal, talks on a cell while driving, and for those who park in a handicap spot with the blue placard and get out and walk just fine.

DevinWKuska

My thoughts on this? My thoughts are this writer took a sarcastic blow towards citizens arrest. His comedic pot-shots at this make you wonder if he/she is making fun of it, or trying to enlighten the people.

... and where the hell are the police for all those @$$hats who run the red lights?

amlevin

I do however wish we as citizens could have a citation book for everyone we see who doesnt use a turn signal, talks on a cell while driving, and for those who park in a handicap spot with the blue placard and get out and walk just fine.

Not me, I'm retired. The only work I go looking for is a new gun to recondition or "tune up".

Most of those idiots take care of themselves, sooner or later. They'll either run off the road while texting or park in the handicap spot in front of a cop who's stopped for coffee and donuts.

amlevin

I don't believe in looking for trouble to stick one's nose in but I also believe that turning ones back, when they have the means to make a difference is a moral defect.

No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind

~~~~~John Donne

.45ACPaddy

Not me, I'm retired. The only work I go looking for is a new gun to recondition or "tune up".

Most of those idiots take care of themselves, sooner or later. They'll either run off the road while texting or park in the handicap spot in front of a cop who's stopped for coffee and donuts.

Well, they may take care of themselves while texting and driving, but they may take care of someone else who is undeserving of such. Travelling at 65 mph down I-5 is not the best situation to be thumb typing on a 2 to 4 inch screen.

ak56

Campaign Veteran
If you go out Open Carry with one of these, Please dont forget the recorder. That would make a minimum of a 12 page discussion.

Before you cite me for parking in that handicap space, stick around until I come back. I have on numerous occasions parked in a handicap spot, with the blue placard hanging from my rear-view mirror, and I have no disability. But when I come back, I am with my mother-in-law with her walker.

Now for those that don't use a turn signal or talk on a cell phone while driving, have at it.

amlevin

Well, they may take care of themselves while texting and driving, but they may take care of someone else who is undeserving of such. Travelling at 65 mph down I-5 is not the best situation to be thumb typing on a 2 to 4 inch screen.

True but nothing will stop them before they have an accident. Tickets are no deterrent, they're just an "expense" to these idiots. Best thing the rest of us can do is drive defensively and just hope it's a bridge abutment or concrete wall they run into.

BTW, the last "Texter" I saw on I-5 wasn't going 65, they were doing 45, in the middle lane. Easy to spot and avoid.

.45ACPaddy

True but nothing will stop them before they have an accident. Tickets are no deterrent, they're just an "expense" to these idiots. Best thing the rest of us can do is drive defensively and just hope it's a bridge abutment or concrete wall they run into.

BTW, the last "Texter" I saw on I-5 wasn't going 65, they were doing 45, in the middle lane. Easy to spot and avoid.

By "take care of themselves" I mean earning a Darwin award via high speed impact with another object. By "take care of someone else" I mean being the aforementioned object.

I hope I'm never that object.