• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Did you guys see this?

Michigander

Police abuse recordings are hard to listen to and watch, but it's important for 3 reasons. First, it lets you know how serious things can get. Second, it reminds you why you are OCing, which is among other reasons is so that this type of abuse doesn't become worse. Third, and perhaps most importantly is that it educates you about the manipulative and abusive mind games that some police play, and it can teach you how to counter them without ever having to learn the hard way like many of us have.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
+1

Admin, I know that this isnt specifically a Michigan issue, but I posted it there because I wanted our people to be aware of it as well as those in the state it happened in. My apologies for any inconvenience. Things like this should be made known to everyone, that's all I wanted to do.

.........--Moderator Comment--
Good point - will move it to General Discussion where it should garner wider exposure.

Last edited:

chakragod

Wow, I'm truely shocked at this. I hope this guy gets a good attorney and sues the **** out of them. Sometimes the only thing that can make an impact is money, and he can hit them where it counts.

Thundar

Yes, there is a need to cleanse Philly of their freedom hating, ignorant and abbusive LEOs. It is very difficult to listen to this sort of abuse.

This should not happen in PA.

What are the brandishing laws in PA? Can a person file a criminal complaint?

When is the open carry event?

stainless1911

Banned
There needs to be a set procedure established to quickly and permanently remove officers like this from the force. I mean within a few days at the most. No pension, retirement, benefits, pay, or any other form of compensation. Though I will drop the f bomb at the drop of a hat, I feel that police officers should be more professional, and should be fined a hundred bucks for each non painful occurrence.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
There needs to be a set procedure established to quickly and permanently remove officers like this from the force. I mean within a few days at the most. No pension, retirement, benefits, pay, or any other form of compensation. Though I will drop the f bomb at the drop of a hat, I feel that police officers should be more professional, and should be fined a hundred bucks for each non painful occurrence.

:lol: At that rate, the officer in the video would be piss poor for quite some time.

eye95

Cops are dead wrong, and the audio establishes that beyond question.

However, I gotta ask, why the *&^% didn't he get on his knees when told to do so?? The cop might've capped his butt. His family surely would've been rich off the lawsuit, but he'd be dead. And, if he is killed, does the recording even survive.

Being right is one thing. Being dead right kinda stinks.

I'm glad he got lucky and survived. I hope his lawsuit wipes out the officer.

Dreamer

These "police" were wrong on almost EVERY count.

They stated that in Philly, OC is not legal even if you have a LTCF. FALSE

They stated that recording a public encounter is illegal in PA. FALSE

They stated that a PA LTCF required you to carry concealed. FALSE.

They stated he wasn't cooperating. FALSE

They tried to destroy his recording device when they found it (you can hear them stomping on it in the recording), which is, in this situation, a FEDERAL OFFENSE (destruction of evidence of a Federal Civil Rights Violation)

And on top of that, they assaulted him with a deadly weapon.

And they used profane and obscene language with him, which reflects VERY poorly on the Philly PD.

I was saddened and disgusted with this recording.

Hopefully the victim will find a good lawyer, and file a Federal 1983 suit.

So, when are we having an OCDO Open Carry Picnic in Philadelphia? I'd drive up there for that one...

And I have so many Concealed Carry permits (including a PA LTCF) that it would take them a week to figure out who to even call to determine what to charge me with.

And I have several recording devices (including video), and I'm a graphic designer and printer. I've got NO problem printing a bunch of flyers to wheatpaste ALL over Philly detailing the thuggery of the PPD if anything should happen...

I REALLY think that an OCDO Open Carry Picnic in Philly is in order sometime this summer.

Thundar

So, when are we having an OCDO Open Carry Picnic in Philadelphia? I'd drive up there for that one...

And I have so many Concealed Carry permits (including a PA LTCF) that it would take them a week to figure out who to even call to determine what to charge me with.

And I have several recording devices (including video), and I'm a graphic designer and printer. I've got NO problem printing a bunch of flyers to wheatpaste ALL over Philly detailing the thuggery of the PPD if anything should happen...

I REALLY think that an OCDO Open Carry Picnic in Philly is in order sometime this summer.

Hell yes. BBQ, beans and bullets!!

Random open carry flash mobs handing out bulletins telling the truth about open carry and the Philly PD. Make sure we hand out Florida non-resident concealed permits at the same time!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
With all due respect - has anybody the ability to confirm the legitimacy of this audio?

Sounds genuine enough, but is it? Any action to validate that this actually happened?

That it doesn't surprise me as appalling as it sounds, I can't go but so deep on a YouTube presentation w/o more.

Trust, but verify is not an unreasonable approach.

Ricky

Dreamer all good points and listening to the recording is just sickening. Which brings up a question about the recording..I know the law here in N.C. and everyone says to start recording ASAP when the Terry stop starts etc. Well whos to say (your word against the officers) what really happened. He sees your recorder, your in cuffs, he simply erases the encounter on way to your booking? Just as simple as that...IMO...Any input or thoughts....thanks, Ricky
These "police" were wrong on almost EVERY count.

They stated that in Philly, OC is not legal even if you have a LTCF. FALSE

They stated that recording a public encounter is illegal in PA. FALSE

They stated that a PA LTCF required you to carry concealed. FALSE.

They stated he wasn't cooperating. FALSE

They tried to destroy his recording device when they found it (you can hear them stomping on it in the recording), which is, in this situation, a FEDERAL OFFENSE (destruction of evidence of a Federal Civil Rights Violation)

And on top of that, they assaulted him with a deadly weapon.

And they used profane and obscene language with him, which reflects VERY poorly on the Philly PD.

I was saddened and disgusted with this recording.

Hopefully the victim will find a good lawyer, and file a Federal 1983 suit.

Twiztid Angel

Dreamer all good points and listening to the recording is just sickening. Which brings up a question about the recording..I know the law here in N.C. and everyone says to start recording ASAP when the Terry stop starts etc. Well whos to say (your word against the officers) what really happened. He sees your recorder, your in cuffs, he simply erases the encounter on way to your booking? Just as simple as that...IMO...Any input or thoughts....thanks, Ricky

My children are ALWAYS with me....they both have MP3 players that record (and the kids can start it in a second if needed) and now I have this cool little credit card sized digital camera that is one touch to turn on and one touch to record....easy to hang to one of my children if I needed to....Id like to see them try and take it away from my kids....

This is what I have picked it up at Best Buy for $39 but wally world has it for $69 lol

Mini_08_Red_comp-w-pencil-1028x774.jpg

stainless1911

Banned
The cop thought he was king, and refusal to bow down (get on your knees) was nearly worthy of death in his mind.

Probably the only reason the cop didn't fire, was the thought, "What if he survives, what if someone is recording"

Last edited: