Thread: USPSA Match Saturday, 26 March, Greenville NC

Columbia, in the Peoples Republic of Murderland

USPSA Match Saturday, 26 March, Greenville NC

Just a "heads up" for anyone in the Greenville area.

Match is at Pitt County Wildlife Club and registration starts at 9am.

You'll need a major-caliber handgun, about 150-200 rounds of ammo, a gun, a holster, and at least 4 or 5 magazines. Also, you'll need eye and ear protection, and bottles of water or juice or sports drinks are always a welcome addition to the range bag. I usually take a basic cleaning kit and lube too, for tuning up between stages...

I can't remember the exact fees, but I think match fee is $20.

The weather for Saturday looks pretty dicey--cool and cloudy, with a slight chance of rain in the morning, increasing in the afternoon.

I'm planning to go to this match, but I'll admit--I'm a fair weather shooter. If it's raining, I'm staying home. The idea of running through the mud in 50-degree weather in the rain is NOT my idea of a fun way to spend my Saturday morning, and I'll be damned if I'll pay $20 for the privilege...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Greenville, NC, ,
    I will not be able to make this one, because:
    -Financial reasons (I'm broke, lol)
    -Running low on handgun ammo (until I get powder to reload)
    -I have an ADDA certification exam next Tuesday that I need to study for, and various other fun filled tests I need to study for
    -Already dedicated myself to helping a friend paint his house before he moves

And if it is going to rain, I definitely don't want to be out there either. I had my fair share of shooting with my hands just about freezing off, and thats no fun.

I am definitely, for sure, going to the multi gun competition on April 30th though. Dreamer, we should see if we can get our shirts made up before then
    Taurus PT1911 .45 ACP. Carried in condition 1, with a total of 25 rounds.

Vice President of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus, ECU Chapter

I won't be able to make this one either (poor and low on pistol ammo). I'm hoping to attend the multi-gun match though.