• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

USPSA Match Saturday, 26 March, Greenville NC

Dreamer

Just a "heads up" for anyone in the Greenville area.

Match is at Pitt County Wildlife Club and registration starts at 9am.

http://www.pittcountywildlifeclub.org/directions

You'll need a major-caliber handgun, about 150-200 rounds of ammo, a gun, a holster, and at least 4 or 5 magazines. Also, you'll need eye and ear protection, and bottles of water or juice or sports drinks are always a welcome addition to the range bag. I usually take a basic cleaning kit and lube too, for tuning up between stages...

I can't remember the exact fees, but I think match fee is $20.

The weather for Saturday looks pretty dicey--cool and cloudy, with a slight chance of rain in the morning, increasing in the afternoon.

I'm planning to go to this match, but I'll admit--I'm a fair weather shooter. If it's raining, I'm staying home. The idea of running through the mud in 50-degree weather in the rain is NOT my idea of a fun way to spend my Saturday morning, and I'll be damned if I'll pay $20 for the privilege... ;)

elixin77

I will not be able to make this one, because:
-Financial reasons (I'm broke, lol)
-Running low on handgun ammo (until I get powder to reload)
-I have an ADDA certification exam next Tuesday that I need to study for, and various other fun filled tests I need to study for
-Already dedicated myself to helping a friend paint his house before he moves

And if it is going to rain, I definitely don't want to be out there either. I had my fair share of shooting with my hands just about freezing off, and thats no fun.

I am definitely, for sure, going to the multi gun competition on April 30th though. Dreamer, we should see if we can get our shirts made up before then :)

M

mattwestm

I won't be able to make this one either (poor and low on pistol ammo). I'm hoping to attend the multi-gun match though.