• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokesperson needed for Maplewood April 12th meeting

mspgunner

The Maplewood no OC law will face a 2nd vote April 12th at their City Council meeting. It is at 7:30PM at 7601 Manchester Rd. I am fairly new at the OC thing, I hesitate to be the spokesperson. Many here have been at it a long time and are well educated in the OC movement. All of a sudden the big voices are crawling under a rock and I have no idea why. With the increasing numbers of folks doing the OC thing here in the STL area it is no wonder this situation has come to pass. If no one comes up to speak in a civil manner to address the issue the Cities in STL Co. will no doubt prohibit OC in a wholesale way. The get togethers were fun, the pictures great... what about the big picture. The Kansas City group does a bang up job, here in the STL area we are going to be sheep to the slaughter without a good person to stand up and speak civil sense.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Ethics clause in my contract with the college requires public political neutrality.
Gun issues are particularly unpopular.
Since they use me in media, I can’t do it without significant risk and I am not sure anyone is going to pony up the coin if I get fired.

zekester

Maybe

Thinking about it...

If all falls in place I will be happy to speak..as a Citizen...

Being there is no "Official" Open Carry Organization in St Louis or Missouri for that matter, it would be nothing more than my opinion.

I am willing to do my part. Are you willing to do yours?

Even if I decide to speak, it would be better to have a parade of people to do the same....Not that you are too old, not that you are too young, but that you are concerned about your rights as an American and Missouri citizen.

The larger question is whether they are trying to pass an ordinance to deter crime. I do not think this is the case. As stated in previous post, this is nothing more than a reaction to a situation which has no merit to the ordinance which is under consideration.

State the facts, state your concerns. Now is the time to have a REAL meeting with all the 2a's....lets make a stand.

Will it go anywhere? Who knows...Starbucks, Subway, and McDonalds will change nothing ( no offense DOC ).

You want change.... This is our opportunity!

This is not a guarantee that I will speak...but I do believe that something has to be done.

Zeke

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

Thinking about it...

If all falls in place I will be happy to speak..as a Citizen...

Being there is no "Official" Open Carry Organization in St Louis or Missouri for that matter, it would be nothing more than my opinion.

I am willing to do my part. Are you willing to do yours?

Even if I decide to talk, it would be better to have a parade of people to do the same....Not that you are too old, not that you are too young, but that you are concerned about your rights as an American and Missouri citizen.

State the facts, state your concerns. Now is the time to have a REAL meeting with all the 2a's....lets make a stand.

Will it go anywhere, who knows...Starbucks, Subway, and McDonald's will change nothing ( no offense DOC ).

You want change.... This is your opportunity!

This is not a guarantee...but I do believe that something has to be done.

Zeke

If I am available I plan on being there, But what you don't seem to understand is, it is my belief that you could have a thousand fold of good upstanding citizens and even Lawyers and and reps from the NRA(as if they care about OC) all testifying about the abomination that the any ordinance against OC is an abomination against 2A and MO A1 G23 and the council will nod their heads then pass the ban anyway. It is a council vote. If they cared about citizens then it would be put to an election.

Zeke, I do take offense to your implications. I will continue to OC as I always have. As a matter of fact I am having dinner in St Charles tonite at Cracker Barrel in my usual OC manner. I will be educating though example and you have no idea how far reaching these actions can be. I do.

Doc

zekester

I do understand your point

All I am saying is that this the only "TRUE" opportunity which we have had to make some kind of point. We all know that the media will be there and if not, we should make a point that they are.

Yes it will probably not go in our favor, but unless we try...??

Crackle Barrell....what time?

sohighlyunlikely

All I am saying is that this the only "TRUE" opportunity which we have had to make some kind of point. We all know that the media will be there and if not, we should make a point that they are.

Yes it will probably not go in our favor, but unless we try...??

Crackle Barrell....what time?

I wasn't trying to make an Open Carry agenda meeting, but I will be meeting a friend who is a 2A supporter and I am sure wouldn't mind the company. Anyone is welcome to join me at 7pm. As a couple of people have already asked and have shown interest.

Doc

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
MDF is doing her hair now, other folks may be a little late as may we, but we will be there.