• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC at Orange County Gun Show

eraseallhope

Who does this?

I seen a few people with holsterd hand guns about a month ago, the last time i went.

But i was under the assumption that the OC fair grounds was close to a school/gun free zone?

Anyone with experience or knowledge of this maybe help me out, i was thinking if it is for sure legal i might as well carry to show my support.

mjones

Who does this?

I seen a few people with holsterd hand guns about a month ago, the last time i went.

But i was under the assumption that the OC fair grounds was close to a school/gun free zone?

Anyone with experience or knowledge of this maybe help me out, i was thinking if it is for sure legal i might as well carry to show my support.

Irregardless of GFSZs:

PC 12071.4
(g) No person at a gun show or event, other than security
personnel or sworn peace officers, shall possess at the same time
both a firearm and ammunition that is designed to be fired in the
firearm.
Vendors having those items at the show for sale or
exhibition are exempt from this prohibition.
(i) Persons other than show or event security personnel, sworn
peace officers, or vendors, who bring firearms onto the gun show or
event premises shall sign in ink the tag or sticker that is attached
to the firearm prior to being allowed admittance to the show or
event, as provided for in subdivision (j).
(j) All firearms carried onto the premises of a gun show or event
by members of the public shall be checked, cleared of any ammunition,
secured in a manner that prevents them from being operated, and an
identification tag or sticker shall be attached to the firearm, prior
to the person being allowed admittance to the show. The
identification tag or sticker shall state that all firearms transfers
between private parties at the show or event shall be conducted
through a licensed dealer in accordance with applicable state and
federal laws. The person possessing the firearm shall complete the
following information on the tag before it is attached to the
firearm:
(1) The gun owner's signature.
(2) The gun owner's printed name.
(3) The identification number from the gun owner's
government-issued photo identification.
(k) All persons possessing firearms at the gun show or event shall
have in his or her immediate possession, government-issued photo
identification, and display it upon request, to any security officer,
or any peace officer.
(l) Unless otherwise specified, a first violation of this section
is an infraction. Any second or subsequent violation is a
misdemeanor. Any person who commits an act which he or she knows to
be a violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor for a first
offense.

ryanburbridge

Enough said!!

It's a good law you wouldn't want criminals to have ammo for there gun on them right?

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

demnogis

It's another piece of "feel good" legislation. Yes you can UOC at the show. Just be careful stepping off of the property whilst carrying because there is a school directly across the street to the north.

Born2Lose

Irregardless of GFSZs:

PC 12071.4
(g) No person at a gun show or event, other than security
personnel or sworn peace officers, shall possess at the same time
both a firearm and ammunition that is designed to be fired in the
firearm.
Vendors having those items at the show for sale or
exhibition are exempt from this prohibition.

So if you UOC with no ammo but buy ammo that is the same caliber as your weapon while at the show you're guilty of a misdemeanor? :banghead:

Firemark

The legal way around is to UOC with a buddy, each of you carries the others mags/speedloaders. It is only legal if you have different size ammo. Dont be stupid and buddy with someone who is carrying your .38 while you carry there .357

Firemark

Was there today, lots of shoulder carried rifles and a few pistols in belt holsters. There is a school that is across the street, 1000 ft may or may not cover the entire fairground complex being used for gun show.

Bluephoenix

i carried there. they made me dump my rounds in a pouch and put a peace bonding zip tie on the slide through the barrel. other than that i had no problems.

eraseallhope

Lol im not trying to start an argument, just sayin

But admitting to a misdemeanor and actually proving he committed a misdemeanor are two totally different things...

I can say i eat dogs on or in any public place.... doesnt mean i do it or you can prove it,

Just throwing that out there, not trying to fight like i said, but just dont take anything anyone says online too serious like the guys over on calguns lol

Bluephoenix

well the crime would be to have possessed ammunition and a firearm at the same time correct? That didn't happen because my wife was paranoid so we walked up without pistol first and the ammunition got put in a baggy. Also, some of the dealers were packing.

mjones

well the crime would be to have possessed ammunition and a firearm at the same time correct? That didn't happen because my wife was paranoid so we walked up without pistol first and the ammunition got put in a baggy. Also, some of the dealers were packing.

You're not making it particularly clear whether or not you had 'ammo in a baggy' and a pistol for which the ammo was designed at the same time...

You weren't a dealer at the show. They might have an exemption (I think they do)

inetprez

Was there today, lots of shoulder carried rifles and a few pistols in belt holsters. There is a school that is across the street, 1000 ft may or may not cover the entire fairground complex being used for gun show.

The school across the street is Vanguard University. Since it is not a K-12 school, the 1,000 ft restriction does not apply.