Thread: Open Carry Encounter

Open Carry Encounter

I was in Publix today and the manager keep looking at me walking back and forth. I just said the heck with it. I called him over to me and showed him my GWL I could tell he was a little relieved and so was I.

Let me say I was against open carry for along time and I just satrted to do it about 3 weeks ago however, I do not do it everywhere.

I am a 1811 but I do have a GWL and firearms licenses from Florida, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Viginia, Maine.

I don't like flashing a badge I do not what people to know who I am enough know anyway.

I am for open carry

What's a 1811? Is that LE status or something?
    If so, thanks for helping make a difference .
    BTW, I grew up out in the sticks near Macon.
    Last edited by MR Redenck; 03-24-2011 at 06:08 PM.

1811 is a hundred years before 1911. I think he carries a flintlock. Maybe carries pirate style.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    1811 is a hundred years before 1911. I think he carries a flintlock. Maybe carries pirate style.
    LOL knuckle head

Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    What's a 1811? Is that LE status or something?
    If so, thanks for helping make a difference .
    BTW, I grew up out in the sticks near Macon.
    Hes a Federal LEO...i think...

"
    Federal government

Within the U.S. government, the title of Special Agent is used to describe any federal general or criminal investigator in the 1801,1810 or 1811 job series as so titled according to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) handbook. Agents are typically educated at least as far as the undergraduate level. Such persons are usually armed and have the power to arrest and conduct investigations into the violation of federal laws."
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi