• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Encounter

9 Micky Mouse

I was in Publix today and the manager keep looking at me walking back and forth. I just said the heck with it. I called him over to me and showed him my GWL I could tell he was a little relieved and so was I.

Let me say I was against open carry for along time and I just satrted to do it about 3 weeks ago however, I do not do it everywhere.

I am a 1811 but I do have a GWL and firearms licenses from Florida, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Viginia, Maine.

I don't like flashing a badge I do not what people to know who I am enough know anyway.

I am for open carry

MR Redenck

What's a 1811? Is that LE status or something?
If so, thanks for helping make a difference .:cool:
BTW, I grew up out in the sticks near Macon.

Last edited:

RabbiVJ

Campaign Veteran
What's a 1811? Is that LE status or something?
If so, thanks for helping make a difference .:cool:
BTW, I grew up out in the sticks near Macon.

Hes a Federal LEO...i think...

"
Federal government

Within the U.S. government, the title of Special Agent is used to describe any federal general or criminal investigator in the 1801,1810 or 1811 job series as so titled according to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) handbook. Agents are typically educated at least as far as the undergraduate level. Such persons are usually armed and have the power to arrest and conduct investigations into the violation of federal laws."