Thread: popular support for citizens w/ guns

popular support for citizens w/ guns

In being out & about the past couple of days, I've gotten several positive comments on my WI Carry "Guns Save Lives" button. (Up 'til now, nobody has said anything to me, so I don't know what's changed.)

Yesterday the head trainer at the gym was manning the front desk when I checked in, & he said he liked my button.

Today I got a sandwich at Kopp's & the guy who handed me my order said he liked it, then told me about his extended family in FL who all shoot together every week.

Then I was at the police admin building downtown getting some paperwork, & riding up in the elevator w/ a couple of officers one of them commented that he liked my button.
    I told him I was one of those open carriers he might have heard about; no danger to anyone who isn't trying to hurt me. They both smiled.

I've gotten comments in the past in various stores, people giving thumbs-up or saying they like my gun, but getting attention for the button is new to me. So there's popular support for citizens having guns; now if that can translate into telling their legislators to vote pro-rights...

Come to think of it that's whats I've been seeing a lot of too,People are either curious as to permits and you can carry that? or thank you for having the "NADS" to carry and exercising the 2A

I've only had the PD called on me once and even that turned into educational experience for the LEO.
    People seem to want to know the Reg's ,when and where nots or totally don't care one way or another. May be it's only Madison that's screwed up ?
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Come to think of it that's whats I've been seeing a lot of too,People are either curious as to permits and you can carry that? or thank you for having the "NADS" to carry and exercising the 2A

I've only had the PD called on me once and even that turned into educational experience for the LEO.
    People seem to want to know the Reg's ,when and where nots or totally don't care one way or another. May be it's only Madison that's screwed up ?
    I've had three separate incidents where I have explained the rules to an officer and then left them with WCI's pamphlet, positive . The last guy I wrote about really wasn't interested in hearing much about what's legal and what isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    In being out & about the past couple of days, I've gotten several positive comments on my WI Carry "Guns Save Lives" button. (Up 'til now, nobody has said anything to me, so I don't know what's changed.)

Yesterday the head trainer at the gym was manning the front desk when I checked in, & he said he liked my button.

Today I got a sandwich at Kopp's & the guy who handed me my order said he liked it, then told me about his extended family in FL who all shoot together every week.

Then I was at the police admin building downtown getting some paperwork, & riding up in the elevator w/ a couple of officers one of them commented that he liked my button.
    I told him I was one of those open carriers he might have heard about; no danger to anyone who isn't trying to hurt me. They both smiled.

I've gotten comments in the past in various stores, people giving thumbs-up or saying they like my gun, but getting attention for the button is new to me. So there's popular support for citizens having guns; now if that can translate into telling their legislators to vote pro-rights...
    Same here... more and more, folks are warming to the idea...Asking questions and complementing me on my 1911. I did get one fella at a pet store remark; You know that gun is cocked don'tcha? I assured him I knew and it was supposed to be cocked. He did not believe me for a minute.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    I assured him I knew and it was supposed to be cocked. He did not believe me for a minute.
    Dont feel bad....

I think...at least I hope the Cudahy PD now knows a 1911 was meant to be carried "Cocked & Locked".

The Great Spirit sure does love idiots.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    The Great Spirit sure does love idiots. LR Yote
    +1 Mr. Yote

Carry On My Friends, Proudly Carry On.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

McX

i guess the button gives the public the warm fuzzys. hope the criminals dont think of that one.............crap i said it.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    True MKEGal, if I wear my gun I get no comments or conversation. Wear the button, with or without the gun and people talk to me about it. I usually have to point out the sidearm.

Dont feel bad....

I think...at least I hope the Cudahy PD now knows a 1911 was meant to be carried "Cocked & Locked".

LR Yote
    I'm tell'n ya ,thats why I left Cudahy ! lol But back in 2002 I held a guy at gun point whom I caught prying open my garage door. the LEO that responded to my 911 call just said ok you can put that away now, he already peed himself !
    The barrel on the Colt Commander must have been to cold on the back of his neck. oh well
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I'm tell'n ya ,thats why I left Cudahy ! lol But back in 2002 I held a guy at gun point whom I caught prying open my garage door. the LEO that responded to my 911 call just said ok you can put that away now, he already peed himself !
    The barrel on the Colt Commander must have been to cold on the back of his neck. oh well
    I can imagine...and just for clarification it was the BG that wet himself,Correct??

But on the other hand I can almost see the Cudahy LEO with wet pants too.

We arent hangin much more than 2-3 years.Just need the last teeny bopper to remove his head from a warm dark place....long enough to give him a boot.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Dont feel bad....

LR Yote
    Acknowledged...
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    i have had the sam kind of comments about the button people have asked where they can get one and of course i point them in WCI's direction
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

I don't see the WI Carry "Guns Save Lives" buttons @ http://www.wisconsincarry.org/secure...erchandise.php

Am I missing something? I'm guessing they will be available at the annual meeting?
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I got one in person @ the just-east-of-Madison brunch during a near-blizzard.
    Nik had a large box of them, & has given them out at other events.

I got one in person @ the just-east-of-Madison brunch during a near-blizzard.
    Nik had a large box of them, & has given them out at other events.
    that damn blizzard...

I had just missed Nik (didn't want to interrupt his lunch) at the Largest Culvers in The World Meet and Greet, guess I'll have to get mine at the annual meeting then.
    Last edited by IcrewUH60; 03-25-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I used to live in Cudahy, and there were a lot of stupid kids when I lived there. I should carry there sometime when I'm visiting my grandparents. I already know where the schools are, just need to stay clear of those.
    Join Wisconsin Carry today, defend your rights!

Wisconsin Carry member since March, 2011

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

I can imagine...and just for clarification it was the BG that wet himself,Correct??

But on the other hand I can almost see the Cudahy LEO with wet pants too.

We arent hangin much more than 2-3 years.Just need the last teeny bopper to remove his head from a warm dark place....long enough to give him a boot.

LR Yote
    Actually he turned out to be a REPO MAN looking for my sons Harley. he had a hard time explaining why he was trying to pry open the garage door when the court papers said nothing about breaking and entering.
    The dude kinda looked like SHOT GUN only taller about 6' 8" and 300# w/ a dirty T shirt and cut off sweat pants.The cops read him the riot act as they carted him to the PD.BTWthe Cudahy PD kinda knew me then but in a good way.
    Last edited by littlewolf; 03-25-2011 at 09:53 PM.

I just looked up your info page Little wolf. Thank you for your service to our nation and its people.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I just looked up your info page Little wolf. Thank you for your service to our nation and its people.
    You are very welcome !

another positive encounter

While picking up a part at the motorcycle shop yesterday afternoon, 2 of the guys started asking about my gun, open carry, what do I carry, what are the laws, etc.
    We had a nice conversation & I left one w/ the WI Carry webpage; also referred him here & told him about several meet-n-greets coming up.

The other guy said he'd be worried about someone taking his gun. If he's concerned about criminals, being aware & using a retention holster will help immensely.
    If he's concerned about police, there are laws to take care of them.
    (Unfortunately, laws usually don't prevent them from taking a gun from a citizen, but gives penalties when they do it unlawfully. Kind of like all other laws don't prevent criminals from committing crimes but penalize them if they're caught.)
    Last edited by MKEgal; 03-26-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Actually met a uy under less than great conditions today that was really interested in the group and may come out to one of the meet and greets.

it started with me stopping because i saw an accident and wanted to make sure everyone was ok. After all the witness statements were made and the LEO there had all his info he asked the older gentleman who had been the one who got hit if he had a ride home he said he would have to call all around and see if any ok his kids could come get him but the closest was north of madison. I told him that i was heading towards his house anyways and if he wanted a ride i would be more than happy to drop him off (i must admit he wwas kind of out of the way but i could leave him on the side of the raod in this weather) on the way to his house we got onto the topic of guns and he stated his views that were much to my delight the same as mine i mentioned the meet and greets and he said he would love to come to one and was going to try to make it out to one. When we got to his house his wife came out who was almost hysterical with worry and after calming her down he brought up the meet and greets to her and she also stated she wanted to come to one. dont know if or when they will make it but was a great experience even if it wasnt for the greatest of reasons.

Just thought i would share.

Monday, after the WCI annual meeting, I gave the head trainer at the gym one of the WCI cards (w/ the excerpt from the WI Constitution on the back) & a "Guns Save Lives" button. He seemed appreciative.

Then yesterday as I was leaving the gym I noticed a man w/ an empty holster on his belt (near the entry, talking w/ 2 other guys) so gave him a card & offered a button. (He accepted the card, didn't want to be "obvious" so declined the button.)
    I didn't want to interrupt their conversation any more, so I didn't get his name or invite him to the coffee on Sunday.