• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Impromptu Fremont St. meet up.

Sabotage70

Sorry for the short notice but a fellow Nevada OC member is stranded down here in Fabulous Las Vegas till Sunday and would like to OC and meet some of us southerners, sharp end or East Cali as some of you northerners like to call us.

The Mint 400 is running this weekend and they are going to have some of the race trucks and buggies down there on Fremont.

So lets do 7pm in front of the GOLDEN GATE.

My oldest just turned 18 so I'm going to drag him out for his first time OC'ing. Does anyone know if the pistol needs to have him on the reg. for him to carry it. If so I'll have to swing by metro to get him a blue card.

Hope to see a few of you out there.

Vegassteve

I believe in Clark County a resident can possess an unregistered handgun for 72 hours.

Really all it says is it must be registered. It would seem that as long as the blue card holder has given permission to carry it would be ok. Is there not also some fed law that talks about this as well? Seems like it could violate a fed reg? Someplace on this website somebody had a link to it one time. Or I could be completely off base.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
Nrs 244.364
nrs 244.364 limited authority to regulate firearms; restrictions concerning registration of certain firearms in county whose population is 400,000 or more.
1. Except as otherwise provided by specific statute, the legislature reserves for itself such rights and powers as are necessary to regulate the transfer, sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transportation, registration and licensing of firearms and ammunition in nevada, and no county may infringe upon those rights and powers. As used in this subsection, “firearm” means any weapon from which a projectile is discharged by means of an explosive, spring, gas, air or other force.
2. A board of county commissioners may proscribe by ordinance or regulation the unsafe discharge of firearms.
3. If a board of county commissioners in a county whose population is 400,000 or more has required by ordinance or regulation adopted before june 13, 1989, the registration of a firearm capable of being concealed, the board of county commissioners shall amend such an ordinance or regulation to require:
(a) a period of at least 60 days of residency in the county before registration of such a firearm is required.
(b) a period of at least 72 hours for the registration of a pistol by a resident of the county upon transfer of title to the pistol to the resident by purchase, gift or any other transfer.

4. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 1, as used in this section:
(a) “firearm” means any device designed to be used as a weapon from which a projectile may be expelled through the barrel by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
(b) “firearm capable of being concealed” includes all firearms having a barrel less than 12 inches in length.
(c) “pistol” means a firearm capable of being concealed that is intended to be aimed and fired with one hand.
(added to nrs by 1989, 652; a 2007, 1289

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Well, I got a launch window yesterday morning, so got out of Las Vegas headed north. Weather was good but cold and windy, The only problem was a 100-mile detour due to a truck crash north of Hawthorne -- and until you got a couple of miles north of town, there was no mention of having to GO BACK 30 MILES to take the alternate route (so I've bought my last gallon of gas, meal or night's stay in Hawthorne or Mineral County)!

Thanks for the hospitality, guys, and I'll see you some time in the future.