• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State of Emergency declared in Onslow County

Dreamer

Because of a wildfire, all you folks "down east" are now considered criminals if you carry in Onslow County.

And if you are forced to evacuate, you can't take your guns with you--you have to leave them in your home, because our State Government believes that it's safer to leave them there--unattended during a civil emergency--than to have them on your person or in your vehicle as you flee disaster.

I pray for the folks in Onslow County, and hope that nobody is injured in this wildfire. Hopefully all our OCDO brothers and sisters down there are safe. OCDO has some VERY active members down in that part of NC, and we're thinking of you guys.

Stay safe, and stay in touch folks!

Badger Johnson

I think it's defensible to say 'We were at the gun range' or transporting guns to a safety deposit box.

In fact it might be a good idea to do just that. Take them to your SDB for the duration. Of course out of luck with **** guns. ;)

RayBurton72

I think it's defensible to say 'We were at the gun range' or transporting guns to a safety deposit box.

In fact it might be a good idea to do just that. Take them to your SDB for the duration. Of course out of luck with **** guns. ;)

One might think so, but don't let common sense lull you into a criminal conviction - the actual law is pretty clear and has no exceptions for the unworthy general public:

§ 14‑288.7. Transporting dangerous weapon or substance during emergency; possessing off premises; exceptions.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to transport or possess off his own premises any dangerous weapon or substance in any area:

(1) In which a declared state of emergency exists; or

(2) Within the immediate vicinity of which a riot is occurring.

(b) This section does not apply to persons exempted from the provisions of G.S. 14‑269 with respect to any activities lawfully engaged in while carrying out their duties.

(c) Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. (1969, c. 869, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 192; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

buzzsaw

Let the discussion continue, however, it rained and the fire is under control and the emergency was lifted day before yesterday. Carry on.